Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Got my P's today- woohoo!!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Burnsie, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Did my P's test today and had no problems. As we have no training centre near us, I had the lady running around after me and watching what I did from a distance.
    Pretty happy that I only had to do it once, and don't have to worry about it ever again. Unfortunately I am not quite old enough to go straight to a full licence, so have to wear the P's for the next year. At least they look better than the L's.
    Also rode home in the dark for the first time, HAVE to remember to clean my visor next time!!

2. :applause: Congratulations Bernsie
  3. Burnsie Congrat's on your P's, :grin: have fun, I can not wait to get my P's but looks like I'll be sitting for L's again ( running out of time) that is the best part about living in the country no test to do :grin: . Have fun and keep safe.
  4. Congrats mate but don't think for 1 second that the learning is over, in fact it's only just begun! Be alert, be careful & stay safe!
  5. Well done - enjoy the learning experience and the ride.
  6. Congrats mate :grin:
  7. Good Work Burnise, Lots of long flat straight roads out there mate, Although the road between Naranderra and Leeton isn't too bad... good fun sweepers, although the surface is sketchy cause of all the trucks...

I'm originally from Coleambally, so I know where you're talking about...

Where was the test held in Griffith? (Just Curious?)
  8. They tested me around the RTA in Yambil st. The tester walked around and gave me instructions to more or less go around the block, I'll be standing here, and then do this, I'll be standing there etc. Was pretty easy, but the traffic was a prick because of the cars parked in the middle of the road there.

I spent 4 and half years in Coly. I am a teacher and it was my first post-fantastic little town, and I loved every minute of it. Have moved on because of family now - driving from Yenda to Coly everyday for work was a pain in the arse.
  9. aah know the area well, good work, I always found griffith a painful place to get around especially up the main and yambil with the cars coming out of those centre parks...

haha I went through my whole school life through the schools at Coly. 7 years ago now though, when I did yr12, so I'm afraid it was a fair way before your time :LOL:

Which School did you teach at?
  10. I was at the central School- on year 6 mostly, so I didn't really have to put up with the high schoolers, which was good.
  11. Congrats.

12. congrats burnsie, many fun times ahead.

watch those cagers, they are the devil i tells ya
  13. Well done mate! I felt the same, was a great weight off my shoulders passing!

Congrats! :)
  14. Congratulations!

You must be feeling good ay!

So what are you doing sitting behind the PC?, Get out there and ride!!!