Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Got my P's!!! besides some added nuisances!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by browny, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Passed my P's test yesterday!!! Feels bloody great! After practising a lot on the day and for the last week... I was nailing the course all day.

Come time for the test late in the arvo and I'm up first nervous as all ****. for going FIRST and because on waking up yesterday morning I discovered I have a severe leak of brake fluid from my rear brake all over my tyre and the ground :evil: :evil: so I had to go to the testing centre (about 30k from my place). I get there and have NO fluid at all, shi**ing myself when the inspector inspects the bikes... didn't notice phew! Then in the test where you have to use your brakes.. i had been using front only ALL day as I had Zero rear brake. did the emergency braking and wasn't going fast enough (over 20kph) so had to do it again.. come in at 30kph (the nerves) gravel and sh*t in this spot as everyone stops there.. full front lock and skid...bike going over,over, SAVED.

guys there claimed was a definate 'play of the day'!!!

Passed with earning no penalty points :cool: :cool: :p

rear brakes getting looked at as we speak.

first time I've even come close to laying it down.

Happy Days :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  2. gratz on passing your test :) and good thing your getting your brakes looked at otherwise your next post may have been about your first off
  3. On ya Browny.. :applause: Must feel good to have got them... I cant wait. [-o<

Really good your getting your brakes fixed - They're pretty important or so i've been told. :eek:hno:
  4. GRATZ!! :grin:
    Your very lucky the inspector didnt notice it. they would have sent you home with no refund :p
  5. Yep well done mate!

And thanks for the ride yesterday :)
  6. Nice one, you must have good skills to pass with no back brake, i was very heavy on the back brake when doing u turn and slalom, in fact there is no way i would of passed without it. Lots of back brake, lots of throttle and lots of clutch slip!!! Still, i passed first time, so im happy. Good on ya :grin:
  7. Excellent! Sounds like you've got some nice rescueing skills under your belt, but boy, what a time to show them off :LOL:
  8. Congratz man, Where'd you do your test?
    I wish i gotta use my own bike i had to go from my cruiser to a smelly naked bike and the only prob i had that day was getting used to the bike (and its tendency to go into neutral for no reason - which happened during the cornering test :evil:)
  9. Congrats mate, well done...no surprise though, knew you'd pass! :woot:
  10. Thanks for the support everyone!!

365 days and counting till Matt gets himself a BIG BIKE :twisted: :twisted:
  11. Not that there's anything wrong with shiny Black/Purple GPX 250's :LOL:
  12. Hey Matt - congrat's but I beat you by one day! :p :p :p Looks like this time next year we'll both have big grins on our faces. :grin: