Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Got my L's today! Easy Stuff..

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by mrp, May 23, 2007.

1. I got my l's at riderbros today with no troubles at all. I did the 10 metre slow stop in 20 seconds and emergency stop in 3. I thought it was ganna be a bit trickier then it was but my little experience (3h) was enough to breeze through the half day course. Been cruising on my fzr250 all day and havn't had this much fun in ages.

Nearly went off though when a stupid little dog somehow thought it was a good idea to attack my loud screaming metal machine as it flew past it's house at about 40kph.. It only missed me by about 1 metre and it taught me that anything that moves... is trying to make you crash. :twisted:

2. congrats mate.

Hehehe I'm on my L's and my first day or so I got chased by a dog lol it was funny was a excuse to open the throttle. Hehehe.... But have fun learning has been good for me so far. Goodluck....
  3. Good work mrp, Enjoy it
  4. Grats, now enjoy the learning.
  5. Well done mate, have fun and be safe.
  6. Slow ride in 20 seconds that must be some sort of record!
  7. Grats mate !!!

Try to ride in the car park for few days until you learn all the controls of the bike , it helped me alot .

And safe riding .
  8. Don't get cocky, they taught you nothing..........

Regards, Andrew.
  9. Congratulations!

Pardon my ignorance, but is getting your L's for a bike similar to doing a short course to get your, for example, RSA?

Has anyone ever got mauled by a dog before on their bike? I just realised you could get chased down (if you decide not to apply the throttle) and get mauled by a german shepherd..
  10. CONGRATS!! Well done! now a whole new world is open to you ... enjoy and be safe!