Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Got my Ls! Got my Ls!!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by ryan_a, Jan 23, 2008.

1. I did the learner course with RiderBro's on Monday and got my Ls! Awesome!

I did HART training in Sydney 5 years ago, and I'd recommend RiderBro's over them any day - you walk out with your license which is very convenient (HART if I remember you still have to head off to VicRoads/RTA to do the test to get your permit).

At the end of the day I got to have a spin on a fairly new 07 VTR250 and it was nice!

Now I just have to wait for my bike to arrive (another month, boo) in and I'm on the road :)
  2. Congrats Ryan!! :woot:
  3. Congrat's ryan ... what bike you getting?
  4. The 2008 Ninja 250R. Though after spending a day on beaten up CB250's I reckon I'd be happy with one of those! I think I'm going to be spoilt with the Ninja :)
  5. Congratulations.
    A month wait for a bike! I dont think I could wait that long.
    I've been waiting just a few days to get some bits fixed up on my new bike and its driving me crazy.
  6. Congrats! Dont forget to nod! :grin:
  7. :woot:
    Congrats Ryan !!!!!
  8. Sweet.
    Let's go riding!
  9. Hey yeah!

I'll be at the Melbourne meet ups (when I'm comfy riding from Doncaster to Williamstown, over the west gate bleh) and pretty keen to come on the beginner rides.

The wait is pretty lame but from what I've read about the bike it'll be worth it :)
  10. getting a licence is easier, it's keeping it that's the challenge
    (especially on that nice new ninja of yours :) )

stay sane and stay safe, buddy
  11. congrats :grin:
  12. Congratubloodylations! Ooooh I hadn't seen the 250R yet, it looks quite horn :grin:
  13. Good go. Got the training before the bike.
  14. Congrats mate, what color ninja? Contemplating getting its bigger brother the 10r :)
  15. The black one :) Went into the dealer today and they said the first shipment is late :( And I'm on either the 2nd or 3rd one... The wait is killing me!

I'm tossing up whether to buy some POS instead... Going to wait another 6 weeks and see what happens with the delivery and figure it out then.

Wish I was on the road now :)
  16. well when you get your bike and want a riding buddy...

*jumps up and down excitedly*
  17. it builds your anticipation, but kills the new-bike buzz more than anything.
    had the same story when i bought my prilla. put a deposit down in july 06, was supposed to pick it up on my birthday at the start of november. delay after delay after delay, and eventually picked it up just after xmas. hang in there