Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Got my licence today...

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Gromit, Feb 17, 2005.

1. ...at HART in Kilsyth. My L-plate has been ceremonially cremated.

Thanks to all the Netrider people who organised the learner practice day a couple of weeks ago! Thanks also to Mark and Karl from HART, who were great.

So. 365 days and counting... :LOL:

2. 8) 8) Well done Gromit! :biker:

3. Congrats Gromit :)

4. Congratulations Gromit!!

:D :D :D

5. Good on ya mate. Well done!!

Cheers
    Lids
    :D :D

6. Woo Hooo Congrats and well done :D

Lisa :twisted:

7. Well done champ! :applause: I can't wait for my day as well.

8. Hey Gromit, congrats on passing the test \:D/ :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

9. heyyy congrats gromits

10. Big congrats there! Going for my learners on March 2nd and hopefully get my licence not too far away. See you on the road sometime :)

11. Congrats Gromit, good job passing! :D

12. GoodOnya Gromit!!

I got my test on Mar 6th, can't get in any sooner :(

In Tas us old farts can get exempted from the P's.
    So after the 6th I could well be an "open" rider, can you do the same in Vic??

JJ

13. Congratulations :)

14. It doesn't work like that here. Restrictions for 12 months, but as I have a full car licence I don't have to display a P plate.

So it's another 12 months of throbbing 250cc power for me! :roll:

15. Even tho I could get an open license next month I won't be getting rid of the Across and getting a bigger bike straight away, that'd be suicide :shock:

I intend to wait at least another year anyway, hopefully restoring a bike in the meantime. But it's handy if a good deal comes up, I can legally ride it occasionally.

I've had offers of riding mates bikes to see what I really like (cruisers, sports, etc) but I wont do it until I get a full license.

We'll both be OFARC's for a while :p

(by the way, if it's throbbing you might have dropped a cylinder :wink: )

JJ

16. Exempted from P plates but bound by the restrictions for the first 12 months!
    Btw Congrats Gromit, I'll work up the courage one day!

17. well done old man :LOL:
    next step , goldwing or bmw :wink: :LOL:

18. Well done Gromit.

19. Congratulations. 12 months seems to take forever while you are waiting for it to go by but it's not that long realy.