Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Got My Full License!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by nicholas, May 9, 2007.

1. Yes, that's right, I lived through my Ls and Ps and have managed to survive every ride up to today to obtain my full riders license! Yeeeehah!!!

2. I have to say, getting your full license in NSW is a bit of an anti-climax (and a drain on the pocket) No need to be stressed about tests and all that, just walk in, pay and walk out...

Heck, who am I kidding, it's a great feeling!
  3. You bet it is!!
  4. Congratulations. 327 days left for me. :LOL:
  5. $20
  6. yea, if you upgrade your license for the remainder of the 6 months it's valid for. I decided it would be more worthwhile to just renew it as well for 5 years, so it cost me >$130 when I got mine... (and the RTA computers didn't like upgrading my license for some bizarre reason, kept on wanting to put me back on my L's :LOL: )
  7. Congratulations.
    I've got six weeks to go. It's doin be bleedin 'ed in.
    especially as I sold my 250 on monday!!

Ahh patience, now I know what Axle was on about.
  8. Ahhh, yeah I'm off restrictions in June but I think my normal license expires at the end of this year. Might be worth doing the big renew... damned RTA :?
  9. Congrats, any new bikes in mind??

I torture myself while looking at bigger sexier bikes, i can hear them calling my name :LOL:
    I've got this long to go.....The final countdown... :twisted:
  10. I feel like a kid in a lolly shop now, I just don't know what to choose! I need some more cash anyway before I can start to think seriously about upgrading. :(
  11. gratz :grin:
  12. congratz
    Now you gotta find a larger bike
    and the money to purchase larger bike

Well thats where im stuck at anyway
  13. I'd love a ducati 1098, a bit out of my price range at the moment though. :cry:
  14. Yea, could be worth the time you save by avoiding a trip to the RTA :cool:

Apparently the RTA computers have some trouble removing an expired Car Learners and upgrading the Riders part to unrestricted, or at least it did in my case. Could have just been that the person serving me was hopeless with the computer, but I don't think so, at least not in my case.

EDIT - Some quick calculations...

Your P1 license costs $43 to get originally and is valid for 18 months, so it costs ~$14.35 for a 6 month period. If you upgrade your license then it adds another $20 for that period, so $34.35 for 6 months.

If you renew, rather then upgrade your license:

1 Year = ($43/2) + $14.35 = $35.85
    3 Years = ($103/6) + $14.35 = $31.50
    5 Years = ($137/10) + $14.35 = $28.05
    Upgrade = $14.35 + $20 = $34.35

So it makes sense to renew your license for 3 or 5 years rather then upgrading and then 6 months later getting a 3 or 5 year license.
  15. Noooo way.... :wink: :LOL:
  16. i renewed mine for the five years but my car p2 lic expires in two, so they said ill have to pay to renew that again, as well as the test fee and lic reprinting fee. i suspect the person serving me didnt actually know, so ill see what happens in 2 years.