Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Got my first ride.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by et!, May 21, 2007.

1. Just went for a weekend trip to cairns to check out the VTR250s up there and found a sweet 99' model In black with graphite wheels for a good price, took it for a ride, looked at it for a good 20 minutes, and put down a deposit.

Heres the specs
    Black with black wheels
    99 model with just over 30,000ks
    New rear tyre, and 30k kms service
    Some very slight scratches on the RHS bar end and tiny bit on can

Looked as if it had been garaged all its life due to the non-decayed kill switch which I had seen on some bikes. All up $4000 flat plus the $180 or so im going to pay for trucking it here.

Will post pics when I get the bike (wed next week).
  2. Sounds sweet. If you look after it and sell it in 12 months you should almost get your money back. :cool:
  3. sweet one mate!! you'll easily get your money back...
  4. That's a good price, you will love the VTR, routinely gets 'best learner bike' nods on this site. Great commuter, and fun to take out for a proper ride.
    I had a 2004 for 15 months, and got every cent back when I sold her!!
    (although she did get a staintune can and some flashy indicators)

give her a clean when you pick her up and post some pics!!
  5. Yep, you'll love it ;-)

I've had mine (Arik's) for just on three weeks now and I'm loving it. It feels responsive but not enough to be scary and she's a great ride. I thought it would take me a few weekends to get used to it but I commuted to work that week.
  6. Great to hear you have conquered the commuting already Sillygit, and the VTR is out and about!

Remember, we are going for a proper ride when I get the new machine!
  7. congrats on the new bike.

Nice choice, nicer price!
  8. For sure. I'm looking forward to it! :)

On a side note, I had some fun this morning. I managed to run the battery flat by trying to start the bike with the kill switch on ( :cool: ). When I finally figured out what had happened it was to late. On the up side I figured out how to roll start... :LOL:
  9. just got it and rode it, fcukING great.
  10. Yep, show us some pics et! :)
  11. Black with black wheels, thats gotta look hot :cool:
  12. I will find a camera.... one day.