Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Got my bike today

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Nicole_, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Got my Ninja 300 delivered today! Super excited to take her somewhere on the weekend. Super nervous about hurting her though... Let the motorcycling experience begin :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Congrats! And enjoy your first ride!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Forget being nervous, positive thoughts and have a blast

• Like Like x 1
  4. Congrats. Let the fun begin!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Congratulations Nicole. Happy days!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Congrats, and welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Welcome, congratulations and enjoy your first motorcycling weekend!

• Like Like x 1
  8. welcome and congrats on the bike:]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Woo-hoo great fun. Have a ball. Don't be nervous. Just take it really easy and stay calm

• Like Like x 1
  10. Awesome riding weather this weekend if youre in melb

• Like Like x 1
  11. Congrats, Welcome and enjoy the ride. Don't be afraid to ask questions, there are lots of good people here with good stories and opinions. Everyone says don't be nervous, but for your first ride, that is almost impossible, so my tip is Don't ride stiff, stay loose on the bike, try to relaxand just enjoy. BTW, great riding weather in Sydney too for this weekend.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Congrats on the new bike... Enjoy your first ride and many more to come!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Welcome to Netrider!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Welcome to NR...

And congrats for the bike.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Went out for a nice 60 km ride last night! Was awesome! I love the amazing sense of freedom! Safe to say I'm addicted =D

• Nod Nod x 1
  16. 60ks good job. Good to see you have had a safe stress free start. Get out as much as you can :)

17. hey hi and have fun :)

18. It has been good! I think successful because I still have a healthy fear of dropping it and damaging my pretty girl but a healthy desire to get better and make the most of it!

19. Thank you! So much fun! I wish I'd got my licence sooner. Just gotta work on smoother stops and starts - keeping going is the easy part! Haha.

20. I think you always need respect for what could go wrong at any time. All it takes is a bit of gravel or train track or man cover or some spilled fluids when we are unsuspecting and we can go down. The best thing you can do is learn the things to be aware of while you ride and you will make it much safer for you every time your out. I remember when I first started and I still get the same enjoyment now years and years later. Keep it up, riding is sick lol