Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Got learners and Passed

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by jfizzle, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Went for my learners yesterday. and passed first got. was tough considering first time on a bike. We finished early so they let us jump back on and ride around for a bit. Got a bit more confident after all the testing without any pressure.

now let the shopping begin.

2. Congrats on passing your "L"s ... and welcome to NetRider :dance:

3. congrats, now for the real challenge! :grin:

4. Congrats and good luck with the bike shopping. Make sure you sit on / test ride heaps of bikes before you part with your $$. Also leave plenty aside for gear.

5. Congratulations,

I also agree, the gear is probably gonna be a considerable amount. And don't skimp on it either. These people getting around in thongs and shorts usually drink drive, leave the milk or juice out or some other irresponsible thing too.

Dress up fast, regret slow

6. Congrats.. Glad to hear you passed.

It's always nerve-racking.,

7. well done on your L's. I hadn't ridden a bike in about 20 years when I went for my L's in August this year. It is a good feeling. I went shopping straight away too... had my bike about 7 weeks or so now... love it. And very happy in commuting to work on it now... very comfortable...

8. thanks alot. i been looking around for a while doin alot if research. Was lookin at hyo's cos of the size of em, being about 6'5 ish. but after doing test an a little scorpio i wasnt as uncomfirtable as i thought id be. so now thinkin bout goin gettin a 2nd hand gpx or zzr sumtin for round the 3 or 4 g mark.bugeting about 1-1500 for gear.
    hope fully get to do some shoppin this weekend.
    but most likely week after.

ill get there aiming for next 3 weeks before i see you guys out on the road.