Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Got all my gear except boots - mistake?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by lornetkowiec, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Hey everyone,
    I got all my gear today and I ended up getting a good deal I think...I'm pretty happy with it all, came under the $1300 I had expected to spend. Got myself
    Shoei TZR RYU helmet - 499 + 70 for tinted visor (was thinking of a HJC AC-11 coz it was recommended by a mate but this one was more comfortable, AND its a Shoei!!)
    Shift Air Avenger jacket - 269
    Shift torque jeans - 179
    Shift SR-1 gloves - 152
    Only thing I didn't get was a pair of boots. Who here rides without proper riding boots? Coz I'm thinking I should go back and get a pair

2. Go back

3. Go back.

4. Nah we all just wear thongs here

5. I've got a pair of RJays "Lace up" riding boots. Only reason I got them was I had a bone spur on my foot & I couldn't wear a more traditional boot. Now that I've had the spur removed, I'm going to buy myself a pair of "real" boots. I just don't have the confidence that the RJays will do the job.

So yes, go back!

6. If you just wear sneakers, the shifter can and does wear away at the top of your sneakers, damaging them. For this reason im getting boots.

7. And I can vouch for the fact that they will wear away and burn a hole in your left big toe that will hurt more than your skinned knee that is back to bone ever will :roll:

8. I prefer lace up boots, bcause you can get a MUCH tighter fit than a zip up boot. Sure, they take longer to put on, but the extra support, especially to the ankle, wins me over. You can also lace them up tight around your ankles, and leave the toes looser, or whatever suits you.
    They also have the advantage that as the boot stretches, the lacing automatically compensates.
    And god forbid someone ever has to cut them off, they can just cut the laces and teh boot falls off, meaning their job is easier, and your boot can be reused with new laces (maybe). :LOL:

Regards, Andrew.

9. Go back. :wink:

10. oh, is that sarcasm..

11. Yep .. Go Back, get some decent boots.
    IMHO,
    1: Dont get lace-ups > just somethin else to get caught on the bike and create a mishap.
    2: If you're gonna get thongs, get the steel-capped ones.
    :wink:

12. Safety nazi!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

13. Safety nazi!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

14. Go back.

{are you noticing a trend here :LOL:???}

15. Not at all. I did the squid thing and paid the price for it.

Then again I did the fully dressed option as well and ended up with an op that had me sidelined for 6 months.

Best bet, don't fcuken crash :)

16. after a fractured foot, and stories about amputated toes with steel caps, its only proper boots for me.

go back. :LOL:

17. How do you figure that out? I haven't had a "mishap" in 3 years with lace up boots..........

Regards, Andrew.

18. Get back to where you once belonged....

Get something with ankle protection. I always seem to sprain and bugger my ankles in a semi decent crash, so my new boots have good stiff sides for impact protection and they're built to stop the ankle from twisting too.

19. You've been lucky? or You're very careful to ensure they are out of harms way. Laces can get caught on the bike when dismounting. I've had times when even my draggins get caught, let alone laces. Is also documented in many publicatons.

20. I've had laces catch my gear lever as I was about to put a foot down. Only my uber cool skillz saved the day.