Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Got a new GS500F last week! And guess what..

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by BigScotty, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Hi all

First post here and I thought i'd give you a story for a laugh and a cringe on a monday morning.

I got my L's about 4 months ago and got my P's about a month ago.
    I was riding a Virago 250 around for my L's and it didn't have enough grunt.
    So last week I traded it in for the GS500F, brand new.
    Been crusing around on it all week and having a blast.
    But...I went for a spin this saturday and was on my home street.
    I saw the neighbour out the front with his daughter, so I thought I'd take a little look at her; as you do.
    In that split second I went up the dirt drive I have on my nature strip, locked up the front wheel and the scraped along my housemates bosses car. The bike then slipped out from underneath me.

So I've had the bike less then a week and have damaged the fairing and the indictors. Not real happy with myself.
    The right indicator has been pushed back into the fairing and the fairing is also cracked.

My pride was the only thing really hurt :)

I've been over the same patch of dirt for the last 4 months without a problem, the minute I take my eyes off the road it all goes pear shaped.

Lucky I have full insurance or I would be really angry with myself.

So the lesson for today is - don't perve on girls when riding a bike! :)

Please feel free to laugh, everyone at work already has.
  2. hahahahaa GOLD :LOL:

good that you've got a sense of humor about it tho :wink: was she worth it? cos some ladies have drawn my eyes from the road for longer than they should be :oops: i reckon its worth it :D

bugger she didn't come over and play nurses with you tho :? maybe next time make sure you do some real damage to yourself :LOL:
  3. Any mistake that you learn from, is worthwhile
    Every off you have that you walk away from is a lesson
    Every dollar paid in repairs is an investment in your future
    Every kilometre out on the road is yet more experience

Glad to hear it wasn't too bad and that you're OK. I think you've learned something from this. Bummer about the new bike and all. Get back out amongst it !
  4. How's the housemate's boss about all of this???

Good that you're ok, and, of course, you've had a biff with the new steed so now you can stop 'riding on egg-shells'!!!
  5. The boss has yet to see the scratches. He didn't seem too worried about it when I told him last night.

I'm back on it again today anyway! Get back on the horse and all that stuff :)
  6. :LOL: Yeah good to see you have a sense of humour about it, no real damage done...

I ran up a gutter in me car once when drivin past highschool and checkin out some of the talent... Had just about the whole school laughin at me, till i did a nice line lockie and changed the laughs to cheers :p

Hope the repairs etc happen quickly for ya :)
  7. Hi BigScotty , welcome to the tumbling world of motorbikes :shock:
  8. I sure hope she was impressed :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  9. Doonks, I'm suprised you havent come to the same end :LOL: :LOL:
  10. No one has asked the most important question:

Did you shoot the girl your best 'hey ladies' trigger finger on the way past?

We have an image to uphold you know.
  11. lol a mate in brisbane did some thing very similar...

picke up his brand new ZX9... 5km down the road he run up the back of a car... why?? coz there was a preaty on the side of the road and he had to look!!
  12. Sorry to hear about your ,off, i got the same bike only 200km on it ,im freakin im gona scratch it. LOL.
    Let us know what the cost is for the damage , im saving for new fairing ,for the day i need new ones.