Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Got a bike and had my first riding experience this moring

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Lachlan56, Aug 16, 2008.

1. :D:D

Completed the purchase this morning of a ZZR250, delivered to my door. My time on manual bikes is pretty much none, and my time on the road on the bike was zero. Took me awhile before I was game to leave my street, but now I have done a couple hours riding, been through a few round-a-bouts, and had to stop for 10 seconds in traffic.

Its SUCH a different feeling to driving, which I have been doing for 3 years. Going 60km/h feels like your absolutely flying when theres not a nice metal cage around you.

I have already passed 2 other riders and they both waved to me, was fantastic.

Will be awhile before I am riding to work but so far, I am loving it :D
  2. congratulations!!!

It will be the best thing you've ever done!! :) Wait till you ride in a big group! :)
  3. Congrats on getting the bike and having a go. From here on in, you will probably get more and more addicted to riding, and why not! :p
  4. Congrats and keep enjoying the ride.

A waving rider usually means there are coppers ahead so watch out. A greeting from a rider is done by way of a nod :wink:

Cruiser riders who have not ridden anything else dont nod :mad:
  5. Yep ... what ^^^Chris^^^ said.
    Oh and Congrats mate !

6. Took me a few weeks to work this out! Spent a few hours riding around picton and all these other guys are nodding and waving - I had no idea what was going on. Wondered if my light was on high beam by accident :)
  7. JEALOUS!!!! But, congrats :]
  8. Good job on making one of the best decisions in your life to ride, it'll make you much more aware and give you a sense of satisfaction no vehicle with 4 wheel ever can.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: