Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Got a '05 CBR600RR yesterday!!

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Gravvy, Apr 20, 2006.

1. I finally got my baby. Highly recommend test riding one of these. I have come off my P's and I was very worried about jumping onto a 600 after riding a VTR250 for a year. To my suprise, the CBR is easy to ride. VERY stable in the front end over bumps.

I have only done 230k's so far. Already changed the oil and filter, it's amasing how dirty it was, I will change the oil again at about 600k's, then I will let honda do the 1st service.

Daniel

2. Lucky you :!:

Brand new :?:

3. Nice work mate...

very nice bike that

4. sounds like a great bike, i heard they are sweet to ride :)

5. Every oil companies dream consumer.

Do the words OVERKILL ring a bell to anyone else?

6. Yeah I would have thought it was overkill untill I read this article. Who knows if its BS or not, I can only use my own jugement. When I saw the oil I knew it was a good idea to change it, it looks like dark gray metallic paint, and that was after 100k's! Besides, the oil cost about $20!

Daniel

7. Yeah I would have thought it was overkill untill I read this article.
    http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm
    Who knows if its BS or not, I can only use my own jugement. When I saw the oil I knew it was a good idea to change it, it looks like dark gray metallic paint, and that was after 100k's! Besides, the oil cost about $20!

Oh yeah, thanks for the nice comments! and yes, it was new, I got it from a dealer for $13,990 ride away.

Daniel

8. Ive always felt the same with new engines, after only a few k's the oil is filthy so i think its best to change it at around a hundred.

Though i wouldnt bother doing it again between that and the first dealer service.

9. I've read quite a bit of BS from that mototune site over my time. Hardly scientific, and never backs up statements with data. Apart from changing the oil after 20 miles, the rest of the article is just about the usual run-in method.

Take Mototune however you want, I don't often get past the 20th "awesome!" in his articles.

Simple fact is that Mr Honda is covering your new bike with a warranty, they wouldn't recommend anything that would shorten engine life, or that will lead to possible claims.

And just how long are you planning on keeping the bike? I'd bet that with regular servicing (as per manual) and no race conditions, that you'd get over 100,000km's!

10. A pre-requisite for any Sydney riding :wink:

How do you find the riding position? That's one thing that made me choose the 600F for when I get off my Ps (1 month and 3 weeks....). The less extreme handlebars and seat position...and it was a grand cheaper.

Sounds like a great bike though from your first impressions. Did you get used to the extra weight quick enough?

Lucky git :wink:

11. Im shopping around for 600F's at the moment and have ridden a few. They are very nice to ride :grin:

No sports bike handles sydneys bumps too well, especially in RNP :mad:
    I think we all need motards around here.

12. Congrats on the new bike Gravvy, sounds like a ripper :grin:

13. I found it very comfortable. I will prolly get flamed for saying this, but it rides better than my VTR250!, although, my VTR was 30,000k and I had thicker fork oil and heaps of washers for extra preload. I was blown away how easy it was to ride straight away. I had heaps of butterflies before I picked it up thinking I would have dramas getting home in peak hour traffic, but it was a sinch. I havn't ridden any of the other 600's, not even the 600F, but I can say that the seating position is fine for me, I guess you should sit on one just to make sure, I must admit I got the honda mainly because of looks, price and the fact that it's apparently a bit more stable than the others.

Daniel

14. congrats on getting the new bike Gravvy. any pic's ?

15. congrats on the bike mate
    very nice....wheres the pic??
    :grin: :grin: