Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Gorillas and motorcycles

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by TonyE, Oct 13, 2010.

1. By now most people will have seen the video of the basketballers where a gorilla walks through and beats its chest. I think it was posted on here a long time abck. The one where at least fifty percent of people don't see the gorilla because they are concentrating on the number of passes the basketballers make.

It is directly relevant to us... An interesting interview with the maker of that video and it's application to motorcycles.

http://seedmagazine.com/content/article/why_invisible_gorillas_matter/P1/

2. Interesting read, thanks.
    Maybe we should all paint red octagons on our leathers to be more easily seen :)

I wonder if a TV spot could be made, shot from a driver's perspective, telling viewers to count the cars, then afterwards show that a motorcyclist was among them? Maybe even in a monkey suit to reinforce the reference.

3. The few times I have shown this to non - motorcycleist forums before, most people have called it stupid (and worse)... the same kind of reaction most cagers have when "that bloody bike came out of no where!"
    ](*,)