Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GOR ride Mon 7th Aug, any interest?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Tiga, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everyone in my office has agreed that we would like a public holiday on Monday (7th Aug), so we are going to help ourselves to NSW's labour day. Who am I to argue with this? :p

This is just a post to get an idea of whether anyone wants to go for a ride down the GOR. If there is enough interest (3-4 people) I'll put an entry in the calendar.

My plan is to leave Melbourne just before 9am and head down to Apollo Bay. I suspect the forest sections after that are a bit mossy so I wont venture there. If I get time I'll do a couple of runs of the good twisties but plan on getting home by 6ish.

Anyone with some time off is welcome to come. I don't mind a bit of a slower pace if there are learners (and I'm not that speedy myself) :wink:

2. Consider this an expression of interest, barring unforseen eventualities and insomnia on the sunday night.
    Just had a look at the BOM site, looks like it'll be a nice day for it too. :grin:
  3. Com'on people....

Picture a beautiful sunny day, the ocean by your side, wind in your hair (well sort of).

How could you possibly resist?

:grin: :grin: :grin:
  4. Well -if it were Friday, then that would be a different kettle of fish :wink: But I think I might be sick on Monday -you know, one of those 24hr type ailments that you can feel coming on about a week in advance :LOL: :LOL:
  5. I might take a day off for this. Got some RDO up my sleeve.
    Will have to get back to you though.
  6. Might be a great time to see your 675! I've got time off :grin:

And having stookie on this ride is even more incentive! Sounds great, very good timing.
  7. Yep I am Interested.
  8. Sorry chicky. Me and rough cat arse are doing it on TUESDAY :cool:
  9. hmmm, could i be sick.. Nah to much bloody work to do..
  10. *cough cough* Sounds like you have a cold coming on mate? :wink: :grin: :grin:
  11. :rofl: :LOL: :LOL: :grin: So who buys who dinner first?
  12. Tuesday ey??

What time Tuesday? I finish at 10.30am
    Might be able to get away at 9.30, maybe
  13. I'm a chance for Monday. Would have to turn around a bit earlier though as I need to be home by 3pm.
  14. Cool, should be a fantastic day!! I've put details in the calendar so they will probably pop up soon.

Undii - can't wait to see your 675 in action :grin:

Stookie - It will be good to ride with you again. No doubt I'll still be at the back :)

Roarin those 24hr bugs can just come on so suddenly cant they, hope you can make it :p

Roarin/Triway - Do you want a second meeting point in Geelong (or somewhere else)?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.