Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GoPro vid - chest cam versus helmet cam. What do you think?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by RuKu, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Hi people,

I made a video to compare the helmet cam position with the chest cam position. I am planning on doing motovlogging, but my mic hasn't arrived yet.

Let me know what you think!

2. Get a 2nd GoPro and use both angles! ;-)
  3. I prefer chest cam.
  4. Chest cam looks better. Being able to see how you control the bike and all that stuff just looks a lot nicer. Probably less wind noise too.

The only downside is being able to see the speedo at all times. You don't need to be a hoon to go over the speed limit from time to time and also not being able to just turn your head to give the viewer a look at your surroundings.
  5. Thanks guys for the feedback.

I find myself enjoying the chest cam view more. It is smoother (no head jerks), and so is a bit more chilled out to watch.

It is interesting that vloggers almost exclusively use a helmet cam.

Any more feedback? :D
  6. Chest cam is more interesting from a Viewer's perspective.

You get to see your use of the hand controls and throttle as well as the road ahead - it's a more immersive experience from this side of the screen.

The helmet cam gives no connotation of a motorcycle....it's just video of a road