Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Gopro HD Hero2 vs Liquid Image Ego

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by ptb, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Everyone hates "another gopro vs xxx" thread. My turn :D :D

Has anyone got both the HD Hero 2 and the Liquid Image Ego and done a comparison?

The Ego is only $100 cheaper but has iPhone and Android wifi viewing built in, quite possibly what I want for motorsports and will be beneficial on the helmet.

The GoPro is (allegedly) much better quality, with a firmware update about to bring the Rec.709 standard, making it seriously professional.

I can't find a really in depth side by side review of quality, low light and all other garbage. Is my googling crap or is it still too new to decide?

So, who owns one and can share their thoughts?
  2. I've just gotten hold of stock of the EGO cam and will be doing my ussual side by side comparison with a GoPro. Stay tuned.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Awesome! Once tjey get here, any chance of throwing the new Sony action cam in there too? Not asking much here :)
  4. :popcorn:
  5. Subbed!
  6. almost pulled the trigger on a gopro just the other night (just had to confirm payment in paypal) when i heard about the Sony Action Cam, holding out for that one now :)
  7. ^^ did the same thing lol
  8. As soon as I get my hands on one, I'll do a test
  9. #9 RaceRecall, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  10. I'm liking the fact that go-pro is getting some competition. The replayXD looks particularly good.
  11. Sony action cam is looking mighty fine. I may just have to get one.