Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Google My Tracks 'deprecated'

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Rexxy, Mar 25, 2016.

1. I just updated all my phone apps and found that My Tracks is going to be forcibly disabled at the end of April 2016.
    I use this app to record where I ride, and it is the simplest app ever that just works. No ads, no social media crap, no in-house purchases.
    No doubt it is being taken away because it doesn't produce any useful data or revenue for google.
    So, what to replace it with?
    For me, a replacement would have to have the same no bullpit approach - no ads, no social crap, etc. I need an app that will record my speed, altitude, location, moving time, total time, event time. Nothing fancy, no back to base alarms, cloud support, emergency sms or reminders. I don't give a crap about calories or lap times. Just record my trip.
    If it could combine all that with a decent fuel log similar to 'Motorcycle Fuel Log', all the better.
    Preferably a dedicated MOTORBIKE app - not a repuposed cycling app.
    Any suggestions?

2. Depending on what features you used most in MyTracks, here are some other apps you might want to try:
    • Google Fit
    • Strava
    • Endomondo
    • Map My Run
    • Map My Hike
    • GPS Logger for Android
    • GPX Viewer
  3. Rever does logging.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. #4 chillibutton, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
    Yeah rever. Free and does what you need, I use it. Gives you top and average speed too....looks like this:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. usage: The most current sense of deprecate is “to express disapproval of.” In a sense development still occasionally criticized, deprecate has come to be synonymous with the similar but etymologically unrelated word depreciate in the sense “belittle”: He deprecated the importance of his work.

Is THIS what you mean????
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Google's word, not mine. The yanks have a way of butchering English, especially in the IT world. Oriented is another of my pet hates.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. lol at max speed dude
  8. Wet, cold ..... And law abiding . This particular one picked for a reason ;)
    • Funny Funny x 1