Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Google maps

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by JR001, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Hopefully this is the right spot for this kind of post

I don't know if someone knows... that you can use google maps to work out routes. I found the link on a german Vulcan site (only in the german version (.de)) but it works also with .com.au (supposed to ! ) It is flexible to change routes and download the routes to your gps sysyem. Should work even so with the Tevion from ALDI . But can only pass on what I have sucked from the german site. Feel free to try...

2. What part of Google maps is new for you :LOL: :? :p
    Its OS dependent so if you have the right gear it's cool.
  3. Been using it for ages. Welcome to the club, finally! :wink:
  4. I've been using this for a long time, but recently started using it on my mobile!

It's really convenient for bike riders since you probably dont have a map Only works where there is coverage though (sure you could always stop at a servo).

The first time you load it up, it'll ask to download a java applet, and after that you just run the applet each time.
  5. What? They have google on computers now? :p
  6. :lastyear:
  7. the guy did say he didn't know if anyone knew

8. Soo sorry !! It was new to me and I :cry: thought it could be helpful to others .... :oops:

cheers anyway
  9. don't worry about it JR - just remember it was new for each of these twits the first time they saw it as well.
  10. "With all due respect John, I am the head of IT and I have it on good authority. If you type 'Google', into 'Google', you can break the internet, so please, no one try it, even for a joke"
    Jen - IT Crowd Season 2 Episode 5
  11. Google map user question.

When you put in a from and to destination and start dragging the blue line around to map out your intended path, how do you NOT make that spot an intended destination - but rather, the preferred route???
  12. The think what the OP was saying is that there is software that will allow you to generate GPS routes from google maps...
  13. To change the preferred route, you grab the existing path with a left click of the mouse, and drag it to your preferred road.

If you click on the preferred road it will add the mini-stop instead

if for some reason it turns into a destination instead of a preferred route, press the [x] on the destination in the directions to cancel it and try again
  14. I stand corrected. Google is now putting in dots, whereas before it wasn't... OK... I'll shut up now! Thanks Zilly.
  15. at least I started someyhing (see comments above ) :) :) :)