Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Google Chrome for Mac

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by vic, Dec 9, 2009.

1. The Beta has been released and is available from here;

http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/huzzah.html

I'm using it now and whilst I hated the first version for a pee-see this one seems like it may stay installed.

2. Those bastards were meant to email me when the beta was released :(

Cheers Vic.

3. I got my email this morning. Not in your spam trap?

4. No, nothing there.

Running it now though - it is nice and quick and painlessly imported everything from FFox (/Safari).

I like it - I have always preferred bare-bones browsers that are quick, uncluttered and aren't resource hungry. Seems good so far.

Been using Chrome on a Win box, but don't see that much dfrnce. Why did you hate the Win version?

5. Yay, it's finally here. Speed seems about the same as in Safari, but what I really like in Chrome is the search function built into the address bar.

6. Have any of you guys noticed that if you minimise Chrome to the dock, you can't open it back up by clicking on the icon, you have to right click and select the window?

7. I see. I just click on the minimised window not the icon so hadn't noticed.

Also - it degraded overnight and needed a restart (jusy Chrome restart that is). It could't complete any webpage loads fully and sometimes gave that error msg.

I think it's a bit 'leaky' being the beta version.

8. Oops, I forgot to mention I have snow leopard set to minimise windows into the icon, and not the right hand side of the dock.

9. Yeah, it wont bring it up using it's icon, but will when you click on the minimized page.

I don't like the fact that there is no title bar. When reading the forums, I need to scroll to the top to see the original heading. FF shows it in the title bar.

I find it pretty fast, haven't found any bugs yet. Not that I'm actively looking for them.

10. Yeah, it wont bring it up using it's icon, but will when you click on the minimized page.

I don't like the fact that there is no title bar. When reading the forums, I need to scroll to the top to see the original heading. FF shows it in the title bar.

I find it pretty fast, haven't found any bugs yet. Not that I'm actively looking for them.

11. http://www.uzbl.org/

12. I like it, but I think it needs an adblock.

Stivor

13. It will have that functionality when it moves from Beta to Alpha

14. Restraint noted Vic - not mentioning that the occasional click on ads from members keeps the site cheap/free :grin: (which reminds me....)

15. Thanks a lot!!! I am using mac OS and I think this will help me run it virtually on MAC OS..

16. Chrome uses an individual process for each tab and plugin. If you suspect a memory leak then you should be able to view each process and find out if its linked to a particular webpage or plugin. Ie Chromium for Linux has Flashplayer woes and I can individually kill off the dead flash processes and refresh whatever pages were using them - without causing the whole browser to crash!