Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Goofy looking bike accessory !!!

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Rider, Mar 10, 2007.

1. How's this for a goofy looking accessory I saw it on a recent trip overseas . Its a canopy that covers the whole bike for wet weather riding .
    :LOL: I've never posted a photo before so I hope it works .

2. Looks like a BMW C1 scooter - they come out of the factory like that. There's a couple of other scoots made by other companies that are similar.
  3. I was surprised at just how many of them there were overseas . I havent seen one on any roads here in Adelaide .
  4. A bloody high-side in that would be interesting :LOL: Loz, you purchased the wrong bike :p :LOL:
  5. Not sure if they were even sold here officially, though knowing BMW they were probably ridiculously overpriced if they were - plus they kinda predated the boom in scooter sales. Have seen other enclosed scooters around Melbourne though (and overseas), think they were a Benelli (or maybe an Aprilia/Piaggio?).
  6. It says BMW Williams F1 on the side :LOL: :LOL:.......

{Neither fish nor fowl}
  7. Saw these in Italy last year.
    And they HAVE A SEAT BELT!
  8. wonder if it has airbag
  9. Forget highsides, what about stoppies? Reminds me of that bloke at the Daytona rally who built a similar device with a seatbelt so he could do *rolling* rolling stoppies. As in, going right over forwards, doing a somersault and landing back on his wheels. Hilarious.
  10. Saw a similar one in Sydney @ UTS today. On Thomas St behind the main tower where all the bikes park. You laugh at it - but it is probably a great deal safer than a normal scooter.
  11. Get a smart car already :)
  12. Did I hear you say Smart Car .. They seem to be the other mode of transport other than scooters in Italy
  13. With their streets it would suck not to have a smart car/bike/scooter. Bet you didn't see many 4wds.
  14. This one was probably the first smart car . They are built around a scooter , I suppose you could call it a scooter car .Even has a scooter front end and handle bars for steering :LOL: