Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Goodbye to the 109

Discussion in 'Cruisers' started by peter-reebok, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Bittersweet.

After 4 yrs, and many many klms, I bid the 109 goodbye yesterday.

Did a complete change, now have a ducati monster 1100 evo.

To anyone contemplating a 109 - they are the ducks guts in the cruiser world.
    Plenty of good times on that bike.
    Daily commuting to epic trips (cairns and back in 5 days), the 109 did em all.

Now onward and upward.

2. why the change?
  3. Sad to hear Pete! But have fun with the new ride.

I finally got more bling on mine and the 1inch chrome risers, took it for a run to Sydney.

I'm content for now but if I had the bucks I'd be looking for something wicked.

4. Wolve, I have some parts for the 9 in the shed, send us a pm if you want em. ie braided line for rear brake, OEM front brake lines, oil filter, clutch cable, and assorted bits like rear indicators.
    and of course, a complete (paper) workshop manual, yes a real one!

The change was brought about by my health. legs failing me, bike heavy.
    I had a stroke in May, and havent regained full use of my left hand yet.

and the fact I have done lots of klm on the bike, which necessitates a new one!. I wasnt satisifed with Suzuki's customer service (head office) who offered me a tshirt as a discount on a new nine, when I work with them on a daily basis as Vic's oldest suzuki dealer, and their response to some mechanical issues was poor to say the least. time for a change.