Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Goodbye Sony PS3 (games)

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by undii, Jan 18, 2011.

1. For I knew you well.. Today "hacked" firmware for 3.55 came out, lets one play 'backed up games' with none of the hardware that was needed to "jailbreak" the PS3 (which HAD TO have 3.41 or some earlier firmware installed)

I tried it with backing up my Gran Turismo 5 disc, it worked, good thing, now I can safely put the game away out of reach of my 15 month's VERY inquisitive hands :) (as well as all the other games)

No idea if Sony will be able to block/ban people doing this on PSN etc, but for now, I guess those 'pirates' can.. The good thing, all the people with downloaded games backed up with the old "backup managers" in 3.41, these don't work. So these people will need to stay the way they currently are or wait for an update/patch for it (NO IDEA or care if it comes out) as I tried downloading one of these games and it doesn't work. Websites all say the same thing, so I guess future games will have less sales which means less developers will develop for PS3 (I guess)??
  2. Go to video shop, rent heaps of games, back them up :)
  3. Glad to know I don't need to solder anything this time like I did with my xbox (RIP 2008-2010).

I wonder when the PS4 comes out if Sony will use odd shaped HDD or something so that you can't upgrade to really big HDD if the time comes that this happens in the PS4.
  4. Sounds like Sony are all over this one like a flannel. Methinks there'll be some PSN banning soon, but if all you want to do is play single player games you're laughing!
  5. That I'm not too sure about. I used to be a games cracker (for Amstrad + PC) in the 80s and 90s and talking to some of the people I still sometimes speak to, they reckon this may be (at least for time being?) 100% impossible to check from Sony's end seeing as the "LV1 + LV2" stuff has been cracked. Could be true seeing as Sony is trying to a55 **** the few people involved with hacking the PS3 recently.

Or then again, Sony may be able to work out who is using this custom firmware, time will tell. I haven't kept up with cracking/hacking for over a decade so I can't say anything one way or another.
  6. I'll bow to your better judgement mate!

I Sony will do their darndest...
  7. I just want a Hack to allow my PS3 to play BluRay discs purchased in America (MultiRegion) I haven't bought any yet, but I would like to.

Thankfully Gerry Harvey is not around to read this, as he would say I'm taking Aussie jobs, killing Puppies and Punching Babies, or anything else he wants to blame people for that purchase from overseas websites
  8. Yeah, from the people involved in doing this hack, it is not detectable via PSN.
    Obviously if your machine dies while the unofficial firmware is loaded they can refuse warranty though.

Region locked disks are a pain in my backside. If a DVD/bluray is available here I purchase them here but I source from another region if they are not. I would love to be able to play them on my PS3 rather than a standalone player.
  9. Woot, I get to 'test' my new adaptor for my dual joystick for the PS3 today. Just happens to be the second day of 30/40c+ temps and the lounge room is air con, I'm not complaining at all :p Also I happen to be the first person who got one of the updated models of said PS3 adaptor as they updated them just as I happened to have done the purchase so I had to wait 3-4 days before they sent it off as I was literally waiting for the adaptor to arrive to the seller/maker before they could post it to me :)

Now to find time with Cassie sleeping and being able to play games WITHOUT interruption hehe. Not that interruption from Cassie is annoying, just gets hard sometimes to keep a flow happening when she jumps on me wanting to play some games <3

OOPSY, I meant to post this in the PSN IDs thread, oh well. Mind is elsewhere at present, it's on the PS3 games stuff ;)