Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Goodbye Maddy

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Lizzy, Jan 9, 2006.

1. I am sure some of you know already...

Maddy was a moderator on ocau..

She and her husband (south) and a few other NSW riders headed up to Warwick for Boky's funeral. On the way home she had an accident and passed away. She was one of the nicest people you could meet, a true gem. I will miss you Maddy

I am absolutely crushed by the news. When I got the phone call I could not speak, all I could do was cry and pass the phone over to Chris who was looking very worried. I have spent the entire afternoon crying. Got a call from Peka and Tsar to head to Gilhoolies at Chermside to be with Fat Cat and Brent (the Irish guy lol). We drank and talked and cried and sang songs together. It made me feel a bit better, but now I’m home again and my brain keeps telling me Maddy is gone, and I cry some more.

Dear Maddy,

I haven’t known you for very long, but I love you as a friend and cherish the few memories I have of you and our conversations. One day I decided to PM you just to say “hello” and that one day I was going to get to Sydney and I would love to meet you. It was then the pm’s began lol. We pm’ed each other just to say Hi and how are you.. I liked those pics of you, you look so cute etc etc. We talked about South, bikes, Chris, work, family, riding, other people.. whatever.. I enjoyed getting your pm’s. I liked to hear about what you had done that day. You told me how you and South met, how much you loved him.. and I told you lot’s and lot’s about Chris and I and our life together. We always said we needed to make a trip to Sydney or you and South to QLD, so we could all meet.

When I came off my bike, the first thing to pop up on my screen was a pm from you. You have no idea how that made me feel Maddy. You pm’ed me the next day or so telling me how to help my sore neck and what Doctors to see.. and get my butt to a Doctor etc etc. My last Pm from you was on my birthday a few days ago. Saying Happy Birthday, you hoped I was having a great day and you would see me finally on Friday. I wrote back saying I was so happy I was finally going to meet you face to face and I just wished it was for something happy instead of a funeral.

On Friday we headed to Warwick and on our way the huge group stopped to pick the NSW riders up.. I saw you up a head and had a huge smile on my face. I was finally going to meet you!! You came over and started talking to M@tt.. I turned around and smiled and I said Hello I’m Lisa. You said I know lol and we hugged and kissed. It was like we had been friends for years. I kinda hung around you a bit and took loads of pictures of you, in which you tried to stop me lol. The person in the pm’s was you all over. You weren’t any different. You had a huge big smile, that made me smile right back at you. We talked and talked in a group for a long time. Over near the wall we chatted with Chris and South for a bit and you said you were heading off and was going to get into your draggin jeans. South was really hot and was complaining about the heat lol.. We talked about the bikes some more. You asked us when we were coming riding with you. I said hopefully soon.. I will get there one day I said. I gave you and South a kiss and a hug goodbye and told you to ride safe, and I would talk to you when you got home.

Chris and I got home Friday afternoon and I said we have to get to Sydney to ride with Maddy and South!! Chris said yes indeed they are so nice. On Saturday at about 5pm I pm’ed you asking was you home yet safe and sound. I know now I will never get another pm from you ever again. I cannot explain to you the loss I feel right now. I feel cheated that I didn’t get to know you more and spend more time with you and then I think of South and I break down. Watching you and South on Friday was great. I could tell you loved each other very much. Just by the little banter that went on between you. It reminded me of Chris and myself. I don’t drink Maddy but today I had a drink with Fat Cat and Brent for you. I wonder if you ever knew how much you meant to all of us. You meant a lot to me and you always will.

Love forever and always

http://web.aanet.com.au/csls22/Maddy/Maddy 6-1-06 8.jpg
  2. I am absolutely devastated with this news, I remember them getting married recently.:cry:
    My thoughts are with south and everyone else that this tragic accident affects.
    Thanks for the news Lisa.
    R.I.P. Maddy
  3. That is so sad. :(
    My thoughts go out to South and all Maddy's friends and family.
  4. It's just too sad to hear of another soul gone :(
    RIP Maddy, condolences to her family and friends.
  5. Jodie and I only met Maddy for the first time whilst on the ride for Boky's funeral and heard of her accident in Sydney while on our way home.

It seems almost unbelievable that so soon after Boky's funeral another OCAU.MC rider has been taken.

We cannot begin to imagine your pain South.

You have our Deepest Sympathy.

Geoff and Jodie
  6. Jesus, tragedy upon tragedy. Best wishes.
  7. Oh, Jeezaz, nooo :cry: :cry:
    Never met either of them...but this is way too much...and after Boky...
    aww shit, it's rattling my cage.
    Just read Ben's post in Ausmoto and howled away in sadness.

Makes one seriously think about giving it away for good !
  8. Awful awful news. :cry:
  9. Here's Ben post from OCAU

Yesterday afternoon my life fell apart.

We met at the 2004 Sydney Motorcycle Show. We had both missed each other on every ride for the past 6 months when either she had been there and i had not, or the other way around. It turned out perfectly though as no one else turned up to the morning meet point which allowed me to meet and spend 6 hours with the women i quickly realised i wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

A month later we were a couple. Life had never been so good and only got better over the next 8 months. For 6 of them i had wanted to ask her to marry me as i knew it could never get better than what i had but i couldn't afford a ring. So i held off. And off. And off. Then when i ended up with enough money, i realised there was no way i could choose a ring for her. I just didn't know what she wanted. It ate at me for ages. Then, in the most romantic setting (our back yard as we were about to go out to a BBQ ) i just blurted it out. And with a huge grin and no hesitation she said yes. Though i didn't think it could, my life got even better. I truly was the luckiest man on earth.

We were married on North Brother Mountain, 30kms south of Port Macquarie. We spent the morning riding the Oxley Hwy with some of the best friends you could ask for then got married in our leathers.

3 more of the best months of my life followed.

She was the most kind and generous and giving person. She loved everybody. She would start coversations with strangers and all of a sudden we had a new friend.

The sheer anguish and sorrow on the faces and in the voices of those i have told let me know again the fact that everybody loved her too. But there was never any doubt of this as 30 seconds in her company and all of your issues seem to disolve. The meerest of touches on my arm no matter how upset i was would calm me.

And now, when i need her most, she is gone.

She died yesterday in a motorcycle accident 30kms south of Glouster. I did everything i could to keep her alive but there was nothing anyone could do and i know no way of giving my life for someone after the fact though i dearly wish i did.

The above is only an overview of my time with her. Every moment was special and i remember every one.

You knew her as Maddy.

I knew her as my heart, my soul and my wife and i am nothing now without her.

10. So sad :( :( :(

mesaage isn't too short
  11. :( big buggers there, thats some damn sad reading.

all the best to the widower there, i can only but imagine the hell he's going through right now :?
  12. reading this sort of thing and how much pain the people left behind really makes one question this whole thing sometimes...

my condolences to southy and the rest of the family and friends effected by her loss.. seem ssomeone like this is a loss to the whole community weather you knew her or not...
  13. That certainly brought a tear to the eye - am so sorry to hear. My sincerest condolences to Ben & all who knew/loved Maddy.
  14. :? Does, doesn't it...
  15. im lost for words....and i also give my condolences to her family and friends!
  16. My sincere sympathies to all family and friends!

That's a tragic tale. Very sad news!

17. Damn... Nothing I can say can help, no matter how much I want it to, but my thoughts are with all of you.
  18. Unbelievable sad news, Bens tribute brought tears to my eyes. To lose a soul mate like that breaks my heart.

My sincerest condolences go out to all who knew her. She sounded like an absolutely spectacular soul.
  19. I'm a mess at the moment. So sad :( :( :(

My heart felt wishes go out to Ben and his family and the Family of Maddy.

May Her soul rest in peace and God watch over you and your loved ones in your time of need.

Warm Regards,