Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Good tyres for a VTR250

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by I Adore Vic, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Hey all. I'm after thoughts and suggestions as to what tyres I'm best to get for my VTR250.

A few things to take into consideration: (not sure if some of these matter, but am putting them in just in case).

* I ride in wet conditions, so something that provides good grip in the wet is a must.

* I'll be riding in the city, country and twisties...so something suited to all these.

* Lots of hwy riding each day (from PI to Prahran and back).

* I'm keen to spend more and more time offroad - so something that will suit dirt as well would be fine. :)

* I do a shitload of kms.

Cheers

Rosie

2. Battalaxe... loved them on the Spada. They suit all your needs apart from off road.

3. Yep, can't fault battlax for 250's.

4. Battlax BT45's are great on the VTR

I do shitloads of kms, wet and dry and they're lovely. Really confidence inspiring around corners and beautiful in the wet! they should last a while too!

5. I can't see a light 250 wearing ANY tyre down quickly, so I wouldn't buy on mileage! :LOL:

Regards, Andrew.

6. Typhoon: I had gpr70s on a vtr250 that lasted about 6000kms, squared off totally. They wear tyres just like any other bike

I adore Vic:
    What about the original tyres the bike came with? Sounds perfect for you. I've had them leaned over to the edge and they had great grip when warm. They lasted ages, in the wet they were great, and have a tread pattern that would go off road easier than some others out there.

Shouldn't be too much to afford either.

[​IMG]