Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Good tire for a GPX250R

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by Rockjob, Jan 8, 2008.

1. The back one is getting a bit bald. Ill replace both front and back.
    I need something that wont wear too quick for commuting and will hold me on the road for some boot scraping on the weekends.

Front:100/80x16
    Rear:130/80x16

If you could provide guess-timates on the cost of tires+fitting too that would be helpful.

2. Pirelli Sport demons are tops for most 250s.. If they're available for your profile, I'd give them a go.

edit: cost me $320 fitted

3. That has to be the quickest reply ever! Cheers mate!

Wheres a good place to get them done?

4. First of all, what sort of riding do you do?

And it's "Tyre" :p

5. Hey Gravel job, you can't beat the sports demon.. I put them on my GPX a week before the Oxley Run and they were a huge deal better than my previous... we are pretty limited with the size of the rim. so the pirelli are the pick of the bunch.
    try
    www.spmotorcycles.com.au
    this is where I got mine
    They're a good bunch and will look after you for sure.

6. Thx for the replys guys. I guess thats the tire(hahah i did it again) to get.

spmotorcycles is in the shire :( Im in north west sydney. Its not the easiest place to drop my bike for a few hours.

Anyone know of any places in parramatta(or nearby surburbs)?

7. Hey Gravel, I suggest you adjust the rear brake lever up on the spline a few teeth after fitting these. The problem is you will end up with a mangled brake pedal from the extra lean angles you get.

Browny has the pics...

8.  Top
  9. Hmm, some good info here. Thanks all :)

Are Pirelli Sports Demon tyres readily available? Anyone in Brisbane can recommend a supplier? Approximate price?

10. If you are going for Arrowmax's get the GT501. They are better than the 301s but I think a bit more expensive. I priced the front and rear and they are only around $100 each.

People really bag out the Arrowmax GT tyre. I have to say after reading people on this site it had me worried thinking they were crap and would give way at bigger lean angles.

How wrong I was, at Broadford racetrack on my FZR250 I was able to touch my pegs down on both sides. If they were crap tyres then why was I able to achieve this type of lean, the bike was limiting the lean not the tyres.