Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Good sydney riding roads

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by dirtydannyd123, Dec 14, 2011.

1. I'll be heading up sydney way for a week from chrissy to nye and i'll be taking my bike with me. Any pointers on good roads, loops etc???

And if anyone wants to catch up for a spin that would be great too. :)

2.  Top
  3. Royal Natho Park is a must.. just have to watch out of POPO...

Macquaire Pass down near Wollongong is a must...

Bells Line of Road

and the best

PUTTY ROAD

4. Agreed... these pretty much sum it up.

also Old pacific hwy, and wisemans ferry rd can be good. the times you are talking about being here will be busy/cop-central though

galston gorge is short but super tight, do you supermoto?

5. Putty will be best after Colo for poop less roads.
    Head to janolan caves that's a good ride

6. Cheers guys.

Pieces, I do Speed Triple ;)

So, anyone wanna go for a spin from Tue 27th to Fri 30th???

7. Its double demerits during that time.

8. Quite fond of chaining a Royal National Park + Mac Pass + Gouburn + Oberon + Bell's Line of road loop together.

Old road from Berowra through Wollombi, Broke, then back down Putty Road is good fun also.

• Like Like x 1
  9. That's a big day and I've not done it myself, but sounds like an awesome one - thanks Chrome...

10. ...someone make a ride of one of these? on a saturday perhaps? :D :D :D

11. Only if you're holding a NSW licence. Not if you're holding a Victorian licence. In fact it's no demerit points for me. I would still get a fine though.

12. Good sydney riding roads, that'd be any road leading out of the place.

13. I meant more that the cops will be out in force.

14. :D

Yeah true. Sorta expect that during the holiday season.

15. i just did that but continued to bathurst then sofala then stayed at mudgee for the night...

16. i've done the goulburn to oberon route, but started in picton, well worth the ride, was a awesome day https://netrider.net.au/forums/showthread.php?t=119352

(edit) heres the route i took with finn, our only mistake was going down the highway home and not bells line of road, we got stuck in endless roadworks and then the rain came
    http://tinyurl.com/6o6sqxm

17. Awesome!!! Thanks guys.
    So anyone interested in a ride???

18. If the timings right i'd be up for a ride, am on holidays just have to work around the kids, could show you the natio jamberoo kangaroo valley mac pass loop

19. From RTA Demerit Point FAQ:

What if I hold a licence from another state or territory and commit a driving offence in NSW?

You will be required to pay the fine in NSW. Where the offence is a relevant offence, details of the offence will be sent to your home state and included on your driving record. Your home state will determine the number of demerit points to be applied and will suspend your licence if the offence(s) causes you to exceed your demerit point limit. If you are suspended by your home state, you cannot drive in NSW.

More:

What if I commit a demerit point offence while driving outside of NSW?

The National Driver Licensing Scheme (NDLS), which has been adopted by all Australian jurisdictions, provides that details of certain driving offences committed by a driver while visiting in another State are to be transferred to that driver's home jurisdiction for recording on their traffic record.

The NDLS also provides that the driver’s home jurisdiction is to apply the number of demerit points it would have applied, had the offence been committed in the driver’s own jurisdiction.

The relevant driving offences are those listed in the Administrative Guideline for the NDLS published by the National Transport Commission (www.ntc.gov.au).

If you hold a NSW licence and commit one of the relevant offences in another state, the offence will be returned to NSW and the number of demerit points that the offence attracts in NSW will be applied. These demerit points may be used to suspend or refuse a licence.

Roads and Maritime Services (replacing Roads and Traffic Authority) also maintains a register of your offences committed in NSW. If you commit offences that attract a value of 13 or more points in a three-year period, Roads and Maritime Services (replacing Roads and Traffic Authority) may withdraw your right to drive in NSW.