Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Good source for ear plugs

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by steve315, Jan 15, 2008.

1. I have found a good place to source ear plugs instead of buying over the counter at bike stores or safety shops, and paying heaps for the priviledge.

The Ear Plug Super Store at http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/ - absolutely everything to do with ear plugs and hearing protection.

I bought a box of 200 pairs of Moldex Spark Plugs for $63 Aus delivered. At Peter Stevens they would have cost me $500.

You can buy smaller packs of 10 or 50 pairs but the delivery charge costs more than the goods.

I have no connection to the Ear Plug super Store. just passing on a good idea and reaslising I will never have to buy ear plugs again....
  2. Any industrial work place should have earplugs... otherwise, that's a handy tip there Steve.

At my work place I get all the E.A.R cylindrical ear plugs I can cope with.

I did have some earmolds... but I lost them :(
  3. I normally buy a carton of 200 sets of earplugs at the safety shop. Normally costs me between $40 and $60. My last purchase was a box of 200 sets at bunnings for $49. Not quite as good as the safety shop ones, but OK.

Of course if you buy lesser amounts it costs more per set.
  4. http://www.diycustomplugs.co.uk/ - If I remember correctly two lots cost me around $30au shipped. After 12 months I'm still using the original pair and the other are still unused.
  5. You can also get those DIY molded ear plugs at the Netrider store for pretty much the same price as the site mentioned above...
  6. I perfer these and can be purchased from Blackwoods locally at Scoresby or other branches. They have lots of other earplugs and I think were about $70 for a box of 200.