Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Good service Update

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by hornet, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Well, Mark at David Fraser Motorcycles in Oak Flats (Wollongong, NSW) did a great job of sorting out my non-functioning thermo fan a couple of weeks ago.

So I booked the Hornet in for a full service, pending next week's big adventure.

The last place never did a service that cost under $300 (which I was happy to pay, I might add).

Mark's price?? $189. So unless he's left out doing some important stuff, he's got my undivided attention!
  2. Do you know what would be included in this 'full service'?
  3. It was oil and filter, plus coolant and a full check-up (he knows I'm doing a couple of thousand kays in the next couple of weeks.)

To be fair to the other mob, the bike didn't need brake pads or chain or tyres, but then some of those things I replaced myself, outside of servicing by them anyway.

On balance I expect some services with DFM might be more expensive that this one, but perhaps not as expensive as my prevoius mechanic.

(AND, of course, he's only 2 minutes down the road, not 20 minutes away in the city...)
  4. Good price but too far for me.