Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Good service story

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by hornet, Aug 27, 2006.

1. When I bought the Hornet, the dealer had a branch out here about 2 kays away from where I live. It was great; if I needed to buy something, I just ambled over and got it. Likewise with service.

But then he closed the branch, and I have been forced to travel 20 kays into Wollongong. No big deal you say, but since I work in Sydney from dawn till dusk, it was less than ideal.

On the ride to the Ranch the other night the bike overheated in traffic, and I found that the thermo fan wasn't working. Faced with the upcoming trip to Melbourne, and my tedium at getting the bike back and forwards to Wollongong, I went to see the local Yamaha dealer here in Oak Flats.

No problems, they said, bring it round on Saturday morning.

I dropped it off and three hours later picked it back up again, with the electrics sorted out, and a modest $80 charge.

So I have it booked in for a full service next Saturday morning. Mark at David Fraser Motorcycles has my undivided attention at the moment!!
  2. what was the problem with the fan ?
  3. i hazard a guess at relay, thermsistor or dodgy wiring. one of my hidden talents is all things that zap you.
  4. I have to be honest and say I didn't ask, I just smiled and paid him. I figured I won't be able to prevent it happening again, if it does, nor fix it, so I don't really need to know..