Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

good second bike

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by rat man407, Apr 13, 2012.

1. hi guy's i been reading thought a lot of post and noticed there a lot about frist bikes but nothing really about second's so i thought i might find out what you guys thinks
    so here goes i been riding for about 5 months now on a gs500 done about 6000kms and i know i'm not ready for a new bike yet but i'm thinking down the road here i like the look of gsxr600, r6, 1100 evo monster and dr650 i know most of them are all sports bikes and the dr looks out of place but most of my riding is highway and i hread the dr's are not to bad and i would like to get back to riding trial bikes 2 so what you guys think other then i need to lrean to spell:angel:

2. Triumph Street Triple should be on the list of must test ride
  3. My first bike was a GS500 too!

Second bike was a Gixer 750. Interestingly, it feels lighter than the GS500.. Power delivery was insane by comparison, and handling was superb!
  4. i think the gixer is light by like 4 or 5 kgs and will add the speed triple on there 2
  5. Yup!

My point was, hopping onto the gixer after riding the GS for ages (long story) felt heaps comfortable, and since it was so light by comparison, throwing it around is heaps fun!

The only thing I really had to get used to was going easy on the throttle (at first) and the seating position.