Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Good roads in Western NSW??

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by wedge, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Hey everyone, I'll be moving out west at the start of next year for work purposes.
    I was wondering if anyone knows of or has been riding any worthwhile roads in Western, NSW and how the conditions are.

when i say west i mean right out there, Broken Hill, Bourke, etc.

Any feedback or suggestions would be very helpful :) .
  2. Well if you mean out bush beyond the black stump then say so :p
    But nope sorry cant help you there been years since I was out that way.
  3. That directory looks like a good start pete, cheers.

By out west i mean Bourke, Broken Hill, etc.
  4. Man are you in for an adventure!! I grew up out there (West of Bourke) and it would be tops to trak out through there again. The sealed road qaulity is suprisingly good, just watch out for wildlife! If you want to go on to dirt highways prepare yourself for EVERY kind of surface and condition known to man. Good luck and say g'day to the publican at Fords Bridge from me....
  5. There is a nice ride of 20km of hills on the Broken Hill to Menindee road. I remember a blind corner over a rise that took me by suprise. :)
  6. We almost made it to Ford's Bridge once.... This photo was taken about 2km east of there.
    .. but the ambulance took us back to Bourke :facepalm:
  7. Aaahhhh, memories. I learnt to ride on those bastard roads at 7years old. No helmet, no gloves, just flat out on a Yamaha XT 250 and a dog on the back. Awsome.
  8. Any road is a worthwhile road for riding. :wink: