Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Good riding beats bulk horsepower!

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by bigwheels, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Dammit, Just got flogged by ny own son. I was on my Hayabusa and he still beat me on his damm Buell! Of course the road was twisty so I don`t think I got out of fourth gear and he has ridden this road heaps of times before. Bugger

The worst insult of all was getting advice from junior smartypants when we stopped. "That bikes got too much power, slow down and try to be smoother, stop rushing into corners under brakes and running wide. Blah, blah, blah.

Grrr, damm playstations and 10 year old kids. At least it didn`t hurt falling off this way.

2. Hope you asserted your authority and the next available set of traffic lights :grin:

3. :LOL: :LOL: Nice short story bigwheels.

4. Clearly you need to upgrade your bike, it hasn't got enough power. ;)

5. :LOL: Just like my friend test riding an R1, and i'm on the 250.... i was several corners ahead of him... till the traffic hit :roll:

6. Colin Edwards says "sometimes you have to go slow to go fast"!

7. I think I just need more practice on Tourist Trophy. Hope this doesn`t replay in real life when he gets old enough to join me on rides. How embarassment!

8. nice story mate... but i have to say playing playstation doesnt help. But in the end:

"its not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, its the size of the fight in the dog"

9. Tourist Trophy is SO UTTERLY annoying when you're trying to unlock bikes on it. And no cheat codes either.

10. OK ten points to me for completely missing the point of this story. :LOL:

11. hehe i love hte buell on TT. the advantage your 10 yr old had was jsut taht. his bike was slower in but hte drive out is awesome

rechallenge on a big long straightish track. you will kick his buttoka for sure. :cool:

12. Just ask Valentino if he was riding better than Casey at the weekend ,I bet his answer was yes , but not enough power :grin:
    sometimes there is NO substitute for an excess of horespower :p

Hey and yeh in the real world skill + smoothness will usually overcome sheer horsepower as long as its not on a drag strip .

13. just ground him for a week.... he'll never beat you again. or posibly never talk to you again :)

14. dooooood :rofl: :roll:

nice story though....