Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Good Rides around concord, Homebush etc?

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by cakeman, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Hi guys ive got an hour and a half to kill and need to practice. does anyone recommend any good rides around the concord, homebush are before peak kicks in?

I was thinking around lane cove down delhi rd but that can get a little busy.

2. If you're just starting out and need a little bit of practice before hitting the traffic, just start a little earlier and ride around the newington/olympic park area. It should be all nice and quiet in the morning. Once you get the hang of it and get bore (which I'm sure you will) start working your way towards homebush bay drive and getting in with the busier traffic. Once you feel at ease, it shouldn't be an issue going with the traffic flow.

I got thrown in the deep end when I got my bike a few months back and I had to ride on the Hume Highway in pretty heavy traffic to get the bike home. After that ride, I wasn't scared of taking it in traffic anymore. 15 mins of hard learning :)

3. i rode from frasers at homebush in the rain in saturday morning traffic. As soon as you have control of that clutch and brake then get out there and ride. Personally i'd be hitting up the back streets behind north strathfield and in and around cabarita near the park there

4. yep totally agree with smidge. north stratty and cabarita are also nice and quiet to learn on. just depends on where you live I guess.

5. The hard learn is always the Best, I remember when I got my L's (Car) I drove into the city first night, over the Harbour Bridge with multi lanes isn't fun in a Manual Vehicle!

Hopefully easing into traffic won't be too bad!

6. Whoever let you do that should have their head read. :roll:

7. You might be seeing me around the concord, Homebush area or olympic park, I'm on a Hyosung 650GT If you see me come say hi lol.

8. No worrys mate, will do. Im on an orange Honda RVF 400. Will keep an eye out.

9. Awesome, more people around this way.

Send us a PM if you plan on going anywhere.

10. hyssy, plenty of people at homebush wed nights soon to be sundays, get a good crowd there, tag along mate

11. Yeah I'd love to go but I'm pretty much always on the late shift on weds nights :evil:

Tomorrow, however, I will be off so might drop by. Assuming it's still on.

12. Yep its still on. Check this thread: https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=58991

We meet at benelong rd (there is a little car park on the side) at 6:30.

Hope to see you their

13. anything that involves the putney punt.

There are lots of hills and corners around there, along with roundabouts, lights, pedestrian crossings, school zones and all sorts of other things to practise.

14. Do you have any girls going on these rides? Can be a bit daunting being the only girl at this kind of thing lol I would be interested once I get my learners (not long now)

Cheers