Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Good Ride this morning; North Shore - Wisemans ferry, B83

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by simo253, Apr 16, 2016.

1. So, I brought my first bike back in Jan, and have been commuting on it nearly everyday, haven't had many chances to get out and go round some corners yet.

Last weekend I went out Bells Line of road to Lithgow and back, it was a bit of fun but the traffic was a nightmare, and I road past half a dozen Highway Patrol Cars so didn't get to enjoy it as much as I would like.

This morning I got up and jumped on the bike and headed for Wisemans Ferry via the Galston Gorge, was a good start, a little bit of traffic but not too much that I couldn't find some space to practice my cornering, jumped on the ferry and headed for Central Coast, was great fun riding along the river, just a shame that there are so many driveways and the corresponding slow speed limits.

Came back to the north shore Via B83, being new to Sydney I'm glad a mate pointed out that road existed, high quality surface and nice and wide, once again its a shame about the speed limits, you could be waiving by to the licence before you change into second.

Overall was a great morning and i think its time i start looking for some riding buddies now I know I can get around corners, I still have a lot of work to do on my skills, but that just means I've gotta keep heading out on the weekend ;) was great to see all the other riders out there, I enjoy that everyone out there acknowledges you when you are on the bike! its like the good old steering wheel wave!

I must say I'm pretty happy with my CB650F Perfect bike for me to build some confidence, easy to handle power delivery and I fell comfortable on the corners.

Cheers for reading.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Seems to be quite a few guys and gals on here from the northern beaches area. You should keep an eye out for what those guys are up to.

3. Glad you enjoyed the day. One of my favourite loops is Windsor, Wisemen's, Peats Ridge, and back via berowra and Galston Gorge

4. Love my CB650F too simo253. Mine is not a LAMS, but it is hard to find somewhere to enjoy everything that it can offer, as it does love to rev. Beautiful handling, nicely balanced, looks great - you will enjoy yours! I also have an XSR900, just to mix it up a bit & experience the "retro" thing :cool: It is more fun riding with a few mates, so set up your posse & have fun.

• Like Like x 1
  5. gday simo253simo253 nice write up there fella! did you take your pillion along?

6. Glad to hear you're getting out and about. It's much more fun without the traffic! One good thing about having Mondays off most weeks...

Sure you'll have no trouble finding some riding buddies here. We've organised a ride for tomorrow over about the last 36 hours!

The Old Pacific Hwy (B83) is one of my favourite roads. Also investigate Putty Rd, Royal National Park and Macquarie Pass for good day trips out of Sydney.

• Like Like x 1
  7. You will find plenty of fellow riders at SER or SSR on Meetup.com