Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

good quality but cheap brake disks? local or O/S

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by chrissybenn, Feb 5, 2011.

1. top quality but cheap brake disks? local or O/S.

just got a set of braided lines, and i reckon its about time i got new disks aswell as my stock ones are a little warped Confused

mainly be using them for commuting, with hopefully 6-8 trackdays a year.

ive been quoted roughly $530 for metal gear discs with pads also, anyone had these on anything bigger than a 250? they dont look too flash, but ive never heard of anyone using them on a bike bigger than a 250.

2nd option was Galfer wave rotors are around $560 from the states, without pads tho, look pretty good, but again, my experience with these are limited. anyone using these? thoughts?

3rd option was speigler. their abm peak evo rotors will sneak under $650 posted without pads, but you guessed it, havent heard much about them and sportbiketrackgear dont have a youtube video about them either.

thoughts/suggestions please? any other brands i should check out, any i should stay away from?