Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Good quality bike locks?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by peeahh, May 24, 2007.

1. Ok, so, I'm stealing a bike for a while - yes, the owner is aware ;) - and we need a lock.

We've got one, but it's crap (as the Mornington boys can confirm :p) and we need to get a better one.

Any suggestions on the best place to go to for good quality (and not stupidly expensive if possible...but then again...he's payin :grin:) locks?

Ta muchly :)
  2. The lock is only 1/2 the battle, the chain is the other half.

You want security, you need a deep wallet.

Get a really heavy HT chain that has a pvc coating and go to a locksmith and buy a decent HT shackled lock that uses an abloy disk cylinder.

Good protection bloody :)
  3. Bloody good bloody! :LOL:

Yeah we're probably going to do something like that, but thought we'd have a look around.

I personally reckon he should by an alarm...but again..he is paying, i'm a bit biased ;)
  4. ...this should keep the Doberman chained up to your bike quite easily.
  5. +1 to Abloy. Tough stuff.
  6. Obviously you are not going to be parkign in Mornington/Mt Martha, we don't lock our bikes up here! But Frankston, yep biggest freaken lock and PVC coated chain. If it is going into a garage then a floor bolt would be a good idea. Oh and leave some water for the doberman. :grin: