Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

good price vtr or not

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by timo66, Jan 22, 2009.

1. i have been offered a honda 2000 vtr250 with 29.000 on the clock for 5000 bucks.The bike is in good condition but i am thinking this is a lot of money for a bike which is 9 years old.The question is do you think this is a good deal or not.THANKS

2. Do some research

Check out same model/prices on places like bikepoint.com.au or bikesales.com.au ... then go with your gut feeling

Or make a return $ offer and see what happens ... it'll sell to you or it wont
  3. Maybe a bit steep. You can have mine in a couple of months - 2003 with 20,000km, staintune, ventura rack, new tyres, chain and sprockets for $5000-. I paid $5500 12 months ago with 14,000 on the clock.
  4. I recently bought my fine example for $5100. Same year (2000) with 8k on the clock. Hope that puts a comparison on things :)
  5. thats steep. i paid $5500 for a 2006 VTR with a ventura rack. it had been laid down on the side, with scratches to the exhaust, but that was about it. 12000km on it or something. so $500 more than you with almost 20 000km less, 6 years newer, and a tiny bit of damage.

this is my third VTR btw, they've all been good bargains.

i'd offer em $4000 and and not go above $4200. otherwise jsut wait for another deal to pop up, you can do much better than that :wink:
  6. You can have mine for $5000. It's a 2007 model. Nothing wrong with it really. Great bike. Reliable. Fun. Looks good in the red with gold rims. Regularly serviced. Only done 90000kms. Has a megacycle exhaust on it. Venture rack. Heated grips. $5k....2007 model = bargain!
    :grin: :LOL:
  7. thats a pretty good effort for a 1-2yr old bike.
  8. Yeah.. holy shit!! Considerable amount of KM's for a lil two fiddy
  9. Comparison: I'm selling my 2006 VTR1000 with Oggy Knobs, Ventura rack, full service history, new chain, CCT's, break pads & tyres ... and never dropped ... granted, 55,000km ... for $6,300.

VTR250 seem to keep their value, but that's a bit steep ... I'd keep shopping ... just my 2c.
  10. I must have got lucky.

I paid $5,400 for mine. It's a matt black '04 model and had 1,800ks on the clock.
    Absolutely brand new condition. I am not sure if the previous owner actually rode it at all!

Just clocked up 5,000ks myself and still looks brand new.
  11. THANKS FOR THE ADVICE maybe i should keep looking around for a better deal.
  12. If you're looking in dealers rather than privately (you didn't say) you would expect to pay a bit more. As has been said, bikesales.com.au is your friend. And yeah, if I was laying down 5 grand I'd want something newer than that.