Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Good place to test ride LAMS bikes?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by ad91on, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Hey all,

Looking at upgrading my bike; i don't want to buy new as i'm too stingey for that, so I was wondering if anyone knew a good place to test ride used/demo LAMS bikes in Sydney, preferably north of the CBD?

I'm sure test riding new bikes would be no problem, but I'd like to be able to ride as many bikes as possible before settling on one.

Also, would dealers be reluctant to let a P-plater under 25 test ride a bike?

Thanks.

2. Hi ad91on,

There's a HART Community Road Safety Open Day on this Sat, 26th September from 9am-4pm.
    The event includes the following:

• $50 off all Post Learner, Handling Dynamics and Advanced rider training courses booked and paid on the day
    • Discount Motorcycle and Scooter safety gear
    • Free Try it sessions for a range of LAMS for learners and larger capacity bikes for full licensed
    • Displays from the Fire Brigade, Police, Ambulance
    • Speak to other epxerts on Road Safety issues
    • Test your Hazard perception with Honda riding sumilators
    • Jumping castle for the kiddies :D
    • And other activities

Plus there's prize give aways.

Unfortunately, I don't have a link, as they printed the pages out and handed it to us after the class...but I suppose you could call the St Ives office to confirm.

3.  Top
  4. Went to the open day here in Melb with a bunch of guys and girls from the board. We had a god day and range of honda's to try out, but would advise getting there early and putting your name on as many bikes you're allowd to ride as the list fills up fast and you might miss out. Good fun with the simulators also.

5. The open day might be fun.. thrashing bikes around for free.. good times.

Alto motorcycles in chatswood is usally pretty accomodating, not sure about Ps though, I'd ring before hand.

6. You break it, you bought it. I don't think they'll care.