Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Good Place/price For Key Cutting/encoding?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by The Dude, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Hi All,

I'm in Burwood, Melbourne and looking to get a spare key/immobiliser cut and encoded for my CB400 (2nd hand bike - only came with one key). Local locksmith has quoted me $160. Is that too steep? Does anyone have any alternative recommendations for where to get it done?

Thanks heaps...
  2. Go see Mikey at Cobblers of Kew (he's a locksmith as well, Walpole St Kew). Has the cool machines for copying most car and bike keys and remotes for a decent price. If he can't do it then he'll probably send you to his supplier in Preston who has a different machine. Tell him Dr Mat sent you.
  3. I didn't want to start up a new thread but I've been looking around to get a duplicate key for my CB250. I inquired at John Barnes and I was quoted $12.
    My key is one of those small keys that looks like you use for filing cabinets lol