Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Good Motorbike Spray Painter / Powder Coater in Sydney or Wollongong???

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by wonderboy4, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Hey Guys,

Just boght my first ride (Kawasaki 2008 250 Ninja - Green) and I want to get the rims sprayed green (Kawasaki green to match the bike). I tried a powdercoater down here in Wollongong but he has limited colours and the closest he had was a metalic green called Crystal Jade that is a darker shade (that he wreckens sparkles a bit and would look awesome) but it's more expensive than the flat colour ($300 all up) extra $100 if I wan't the brake and clutch lever plus rear sets done.

What I'm wondering is if anyone knows a good sprayer / powder coater in the Sydney area I could go to??

Thanks heaps

2. Magman in Punchbowl

Does an excellent job!

2/ 21 Moxom Rd, Punchbowl, NSW 2196

p: (02) 9709 2686

3. lee@precisioncoating.com.au
    Lee Francisco
    Precision Coating Services
    Ph 02 9624 7788
    Fax 02 9674 6747
    www.precisioncoating.com.au

For a one-off unusual colour you're probably looking at $165 minimum (set-up fee) don't know if it will be more for big items like wheels.

Word of warning - no matter what you do to high-wear areas like levers or pegs it won't last perfectly forever, so maybe specifically ask them about that.

Hope that helps.

4. Alamo Powder Coating in Glastonbury Avenue, Unanderra.

5. Thanks for your input guys, will let you know how I go.

cheers!

6. let us know how much these other busineses quote you for!

7. will do.

8. It surely takes a long time to get a quote.

9. "It surely takes a long time to get a quote."

Really Sorry Guys!

I forgot all about this (was quite a hectic time back then, getting all my bike stuff sorted).

I ended up going to Alamo at 48 Glastonbury Ave, Unanderra (did not get quotes elsewhere as these guys were what I was looking for). I was really happy with the price and the quality was very good too (especiallly considering the price!)

I got both my rims powder coated aswell as my rearsets, pillion pegs and levers for about $60. I know, crazy!

Well I hope this helps anyone looking for a good powder coater in the Wollongong area. Just don't make the same mistake as me and neglect to tape up the area where your bearings go (bugger to get them back in!)

wonderboy

10. That price is freakin awesome!

11. Tell me about it! could not have been happier. The colour was not Kawasaki Green but reasonably close (couple shades darker) and although I wasn't sure when I first saw it, I think it works well as a contrast and I think I kind of prefer it now.

12. I have no plans to do any work to teh learner GN250 Im on now, but hopefully when I get off my Ls I will get a Yamaha XV1000 and do some work to that.
    A descent place for a paint job close to home will be outstanding.
    Thanks, mate.