Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Good morning all

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Jeo, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Hi all,

My name is a Joe and I'm a 19yr old uni student from Canberra.

I started riding when I was around 9yrs old on a friend's pee wee 80 and progressed up to my own dr250, which I got for my 11th birthday. Stayed on that for a few years and it's still sitting outside in the garage come to think of it.

I bought my first road bike about a month or so before I could get my L's, a Yamaha xz550. I then got my L's the day I turned 16+9months and rode home from the motor registry. The Yamaha stayed for the duration of my L's but was sold off shortly after I got my P's.

After just over a year of being bike-less, I decided to change that situation. I sold my car and within 3hours was the proud new owner of a GSX750F.

I've had the Suzuki for just over a year now and again, its time for a change. I'm looking to getting back into trail riding, selling my Suzuki and buying a smaller, cheaper road bike as a daily rider.

I found netrider through a friend and thought it would be a great way to meet other like minded people.

Thanks all,
    Joe

2. Christ! We really can field a team now.

Welcome. The Canberra people here are pretty active, we have a coffee meet every fortnight (next one is Monday week) and at least some of us head out for a ride nearly every weekend.

3. welcome to nr from a fellow canberran well kind of :grin:

yeah as haggis said coffe nights every fortnight, and most of us are up for a ride or have a ride in the planning most weekends

4. "Welcome to Joe's Apartment...", oops, sorry, wrong song. Welcome to Netrider :).

5. thanks guys

I'm working most weekends at the moment, but I'm sure I can take up the coffee offer sometime in the not to distant future.

6. next coffee night is the 12th hope to see you there

7. Yo Joe, welcome and all that, good to see we've got another canberrian.

8. canberran wedge canberran :LOL:

9. Whatever man :grin: I dont think where i live even has a name :LOL:

10. lol yeah well i think theres a few of us that dont qualify as canberrans

11. hi joe, remember that time i babysat you ???? :rofl:

12. Welcome Joe