Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Good mechanical tyre pressure gauge

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by tom, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Hi all!

I'm currently on the lookout for a new mechanical tyre pressure guage.

I'm looking for a good quality gauge, something that I can keep on to for a while and still rely on.

Your thoughts, experiences and recommendations would be much appreciated. :)

I'm willing to spend up to about $60 (i'm not looking for something cheap).

2. Get yourself down to Revolution Racegear (I think there's still a branch over there). Take around $70 with you. I think the brand was Longacre or something, as good as you'll get anywhere.
  3. Michelin Dial Guage
  4. I didn't think you could get them any more... ? I can't find any reference to them on the web and I went to an autobarn here and all they could order was digital..

Thanks for the advice.. I looked up the store and there's one on main nth road in adelaide so I might have to check it out.
  5. Bikemart have the Michellin gauges
  6. I lerrrvvve my Michelin gauge! :)
    Just so nice to hold in your hand!
    A mate bought a second hand CBR600 and when he took the seat unit off he took a little black box out from the storage compartment and said, "What's this?" I recognised it immediately.
    An unintended present from the previous owner :LOL:
  7. Unfortunately I don't there is a Bikemart here...

Tried to lookup the michelin dial gauges on the web.. still no luck in finding any.. :(
  8. You can buy them from here;

This is what they look like.

They have a pressure hold feature so you can get a reading without having to struggle to look at the guage.

Push it on the valve and then hold it up so you can read it. Push the reset button to move onto the next tyre.
  9. They can ship it to you or someone in melb can pick one up for you and mail it to you.

Failing that, we can always do a group buy from the UK :)

Easy peezy lemon squeezy :)
  10. Group buy? I'd love one with the "Netrider" logo on it :idea: . Has anything like this been done before?

BTW, a newbie from Melb here. Going for my L's next week.
  11. Mine proudly says "made in Taiwan" I've had it for years and it's always been accurate.
  12. I got mine from bursons, they had 3 different ones (forget the brand) but the metal one was the best and would last a million years so i got that one, cost me $10 and its right on the money :) i will find the name of it tomorrow
  13. Haven't checked this thread for a little while, but was suprised (pleasantly) by the responses. I thought it went dead. :shock:

Cheers for all of the great advice given as far. :)
  14. I wonder if you could try a shop that sells the Michelin Tyres...
  15. I had the same thought but when I looked up the dealers, it seems they're all third party tyre sellers such as 'bob jane t-mart' and the such. I doubt they're going to have em. Thanks for the thought tho.