Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Good mechanic for a major service in Brisbane.

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by Milpool, May 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. My '07 GPX250R is coming up very soon to it's 24,000km major service which I really need to do as I have no idea if it's ever had a major service (no receipts from previous owner) and was wondering where I should take it to in Brisbane. I'm north Brisbane but I don't mind travelling a bit. I also don't mind paying a bit extra for work done by a decent mechanic but I obviously do not want to be ripped off either. Basically I am fine with most basic service stuff but carb synch and valve clearances scare me so I really should take it in.

Does anyone know a place in Brisbane that I can trust? Also does anyone have a ballpark figure of what this service would cost me?

2. I have tried several spots, all big name, dont trust any of them, bike always came back with something not quite right.

My recommendation is get the tools, download the manual, use youtube, learn, save a motza and know its done right.