Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Good Learner Rides - Sydney

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by xGibb, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Hi all,

I've had my learners for a couple weeks now and am finally getting used to leaning the bike and am managing to go through some winding roads at a decent pace.

I recently went on a great ride through Wakehurt Parkway up to Palm Beach, it was great fun with some nice roads to practice my cornering on.

My question is, do any of you know of any other decent roads that would be good for a learner to try out? My preference would be not too far out (I am currently in Lane Cove), as I usually only have time for a 2 hour or so ride.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!
  2. Bobbin Head Rd. (after 5pm or before 9am)
    McCarrs Creek Road.

If you are sensible, either road is pretty good and a return trip from Lane Cove will take less than 2 hours.

You could also do the Old Pacific Highway to Brooklyn and back in that time quite easily. I can do that trip in just over an hour and you only live about 10 minutes further away than I do.
  3. Great, thanks a lot :)
  4. Old pacific hway is good to learn on, thats my classroom!
  5. Thanks mate, love the look of your bike in that picture! I was always tossing up between the CBR or Ninja, don't know whether I made the right decision or not!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Old Pac during the week is ok to learn on.. but unless you're doing a minimum of 120 on a sat or sun, be prepared for all the rossi wannabes passing you in your lane so they can get a knee down.
  7. i based my decision on cost, i would love something bigger.

Ive been there a few times in the weekends, only going 80-100 at most, everyone seems friendly, especially when they see the L plate.