Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Good form or no?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Not4Resale, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Alright people,

hypothetically if someone were selling something which they bought recently but didn't fit them properly would it be good or bad form to offer the receipt from the store?

Obviously the item or items couldn't be taken back as they had been worn but would this leave the new buyer with the original warranty?

Just not sure whether or not offering something like that would be a good idea.

Cheers :wink:
  2. I think it's a nice thing to do, assuming you aren't asking more than what you got it for and get sprung that way :LOL:

I would appreciate it if I was buying and you had it, more often than not you only need the docket for warranty.
  3. If the product has a warranty then yes, if you have the receipt then it would be nice to supply.

Esp if it's a peice of protective clothing, would be nice to claim a warranty if something goes wrong.
  4. :LOL: yes would be quite silly to be asking for more than its worth. I actually had a guy try to sell me a tank bag for the price that it was going for on the net so i msg'd him back and said i could buy it new for that and asked if he was willing to drop the price but he never messaged back :oops:

Brilliant, just not sure if buyer or seller can get screwed over through it somehow hence why i thought i would ask here :grin:
  5. Yeah, it's cool.

Also proves it's not stolen.
  6. tell him hes dreamin son, its the serenity of it :)
  7. As long as the buyer (from you) states they are person that bought them. It shouldn't make a difference with warranty, but as you have experienced shops don't like to pay up for warranties.
  8. Well wasn't exactly warranty with me, I was trying to get them exchanged because i got the wrong size but the problem was the salespeople suggested that i wore them in but after wearing them for like 20 min's at home and around my garage, they were killing my feet and then i was silly enough to tell the store that i did try them on so i'm stuck with them now.

Hypothetically of course
  9. talk to the manager....?

Hypothetically of course.
  10. Dunno the sales guy was pretty rude to me when i rang up, not feeling too confrontational about it.

I just figure the more i piss them off, the less likely they will be to take them back.

Definitely won't be shopping there again though, the sales guy was telling me that i didn't try them on in the store and accused me of lying when i said that i did.

Stuff em, i'm just as at fault for allowing myself to be pressured into buying the wrong sized pair.

hypothetically of course! :LOL:
  11. *UPDATE*

Took browny's advice and sent them an email and got an apologetic 15 min phone call from the manager :grin:

They want me to bring them in and get a size up.

I told him that there was a bit of grub on the bottom where i walked in my driveway and he said it was fine.

Happy me!

12. you got grub on the bum from walking up the driveway?? u must be clumsier than me! :LOL: