Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Good DVD's for noobs

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by TRA, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Hi again people,

This place is great for information, but sometime a picture tells a 1000 words, so a video with 60 frames a second can only be better!! Is there any good suggestions for technique DVD's out there? That way us noobs can watch then come here and ask a million questions about the bits we don't understand.

2. Twist of the wrist 2 by Keith Code
  3. Ghost Rider
  4. ROFL!!
    go old school and find 'on any sunday'
    Keith Code on vid? I'd like to see that..his book 'A twist of the wrist' is very informative..but technical too.
  5. Its damn good
  6. Fastbikes magazine's "600 shootout" (pommy but good)
  7. beat me too it. but I'd also recommend the original crusty deamons of dirt.
  8. #9 revhead998, May 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  9. I got hold of twist of the wrist 2. Excellent piece of work. highly recommended to all newbies.

10. +1,000,000
  11. Ride like a Pro V, very newbie friendly material, explained fairly easy. The actors... well, just bear with them and focus on the classes itself.
  12. I have both "Ride Like A Pro V" (Jerry Palladino's vid that focuses on 3 motor officers techniques) and "A Twist of the Wrist II" (Keith Code).

To be honest I think TOTW2 is a bit too advanced for new riders just starting out, eg. L plates.
    There's some good info but the speeds that they're doing around a race track to illustrate examples & hanging off bikes etc is not something I'd see a new rider anywhere near ready for. Looking ahead from once they've got the basics down and are ready to step up, sure.

RLAP is more suitable for very new riders outlining simply, and straight to the point, basic and necessary skills with many practical exercises that new riders can easily do in carpark and apply on the road to increase control and competency.

Guess it depends on what you mean by "new' ...