Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Good day turns sour

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by VTRBob, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Well today was a goodone, spent most of the afternoon down the beach soaking up some rays and alternating between reading and um well perving :p

Got home to a few missed calls from my sister in law ( well i still class her as my sisinlaw since i never really got divorced did i :p )
    and thought WTF she Never calls unless ..................................

So yeah i call her back,
    Seems yesterday My brother in law and his wife where in a bike accident down on the mornington peninsula,
    Im still trying as i type to find out the full story but it seems he was hit from behind by another car that was hit from behind by a 4wd who didn't see that everyone in front of him had stopped at the intersection.
    As result he was shunted into the oncoming traffic.
    He is currently in the ALFRED hosp in some serious traction with a multi fractured pelvis / shattered right leg ( already operated on too insert pins / plates etc ) right arm fractured in two places / punctured bladder / massive internal brusing and burns to his chest and upperlegs.
    They are waiting till they can drop the pain killers so they can access any spinal injurys ( if any )

He has been told but i dont think its set in yet, but his wife Shirley ( only married 6 years ) who only had a visable scratch on her chin died at the seen.

RIP Shirl you'll get to live on in our memorys and through your daughter Jody and her daughter ( who's name escapes me atm :oops: )

2. I hope your brother in law ends up ok VTRBob. RIP Shirley.

Stay safe people.

3. jeez, will the grief never end this year???

So sorry to hear this Bob, sincere condolences to you and your family.....

4. Absolutely - our thoughts are with you and yours right now.

5. Condolences Bob, terrible thing to have happen.

6. Condolences to your brother-in-law mate.

In way, this sort of thing never does sink in fully. It tends to feel very surreal.

7. Oh man, so sorry to hear it Bob.

Condolences :(

RIP Shirley

8. My condolences to you and yours Bob, I hope your brother in law heals quick and gets the thumbs up on no spinal injuries.

9. Ahh shit Bob, condolences to you and your family. Fingers crossed for no spinal damage for your brother-in-law and may Shirley rest in peace.

:( :(

10. that's just tragic... sorry bob :(

11. My condolences and best wishes to you and all friends and family Bob. That's terrible news. We're all here for you. :cry:

12. I am so sorry to here that news.
    Please remeber out thoughts are with you and all concerned during these tough times.
    regards
    Glen and Family

13. You are in our thoughts bob. Our condolences to you and your family.

14. Tragic news Bob. Healing prayers to you all,
    Lianne

15. That's terrible, sorry to hear that this has happened

16. Bugger mate, there was a bike fatality yesterday on the peninsula as well, pillion died after an apparent head-on with a kombi.

RIP. Take care out there everyone.

17. I just found out the full story , seems Daniel and Shirl where on the bike and the pillion Loz is talking about was/is Shirly.

which now explains alot to me about his injurys and the burns , which came from the ruptured fuel tank which ignited. :?

i'll update my original post now :cry:

18. I'm really sorry to hear about your family Bob, it's just awful and sad. Best wishes to Daniel for his recovery :(

19. condolences to all.. :cry:

20. Sorry to hear , hope his fine , sux how bad stuff happends to good people