Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Good day to you all

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by WilsonsFuntime, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Hello,

The name is Wilson and i'm an aspiring adventure motorcyclist. Travelling overseas and meeting some crazy people pretty much smashed my little glass box of what is possible. So upon returning to Australia within the next couple of days I will try to pursue something I've always wanted to do; circumnavigating Australia. I've researched and done as much as i can for the past couple of months (except route planning) and will go for my learners permit on the 11th of June 2015. I plan on obtaining a KLR650 and spending a good month getting to know it both mechanically and on the road before i head out early July starting in Melbourne planning to head up the east coast. I have been strongly advised to find a riding partner as shit obviously goes wrong so if anyone would like to accompany me i will gladly change my not yet existing route.

Overall I'm an easy going person with a good sense of humour. I'm not new to challenges or jumping into the unknown and historically i can pretty much get along with anyone. My brain is like a sponge so i learn quickly and I've been doing some motocrossing in Thailand so i do know how to ride a motorcycle for the most part. Also, im a 22 year old male who graduated late last year and has been travelling since.

But above all else, its nice to find such an active forum like this and i'm happy to be a part of it!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Welcome to here, Wilson.
    That's quite an adventure that you have latched onto. Best of luck with getting it on the road.

Let us know when you're up Sydney way
  3. Thank you mr Fin mental, i shall definitely do that!
  4. That'd be Miss Fin... btw
  5. this is the part where the palm of my hand smacks my forehead. apologies Miss Fin :)
  6. Welcome aboard:]
  7. Howdy and welcome to NR WilsonsFuntimeWilsonsFuntime and good luck with your adventure. Learn as much as you can before hand and keep the shiny side up. :happy:
  8. Welcome to NR...

All the best for your adventures
  9. G'day and welcome, Wilson. Are you leaving your schedule open to complete the whole journey or do you have a time frame that you'll complete it in?
  10. hello Xj6N, i pretty much have until feb 2016 to complete this so i think it's ample time. I realise money will also be a constraint on how long i can make this trip. It would such a romantic idea to go camping for 3 months but i have a gut feeling that won't be the case and i will have to stay in caravan parks etc. through out the way. Either way i am still doing my research and planning.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. thank you golden haha, definitely the shiny side up!
    • Like Like x 1
  12. There was an epic thread on another forum entitled 'Nathan and Elena's Aussie Ride-About' a few years ago from a Kiwi who rode a Suzuki DR650 around (and throughout) Australia for something like eighteen months until the money ran out and the bike gave up. Worth a read-through as you prepare for your journey.
  13. perfect, thanks a tonne!