Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Good day... Newbie from Canberra

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by GingerSlice, May 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Good day everyone....

I lived in Canberra since i moved to Australia in 2003, I have never ridden a bike in Australia, but i have ridden extensively on a 100cc bike overseas for 5 years. I never had any bike gear before except a basic helmet. I am now getting a 2016 CBR500R ABS. I am very excited and hopefully enjoy riding this bike this winter... :nailbiting:

Forgive me if I have started a new thread instead of posting in a specific newbie thread, i am new to netrider too...

Have a nice day...
    Gin

• Like Like x 2
  2. Welcome along GingerSliceGingerSlice and you've posted in the correct forum area to introduce yourself (y)

3. G'day and welcome, GingerSliceGingerSlice. Congratulations getting your CBR500R!

4. Welcome mate :cool:

5. Welcome Gin. Ride in Canberra winters and you'll be fine anywhere else in Australia. Apparently at 0 degrees ambient temperature, riding at 100km/h feels like -17.4 degrees.
    Layer up and get out there!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Welcome to the forum mate

7. gday GingerSliceGingerSlice welcome to NR - congrats on the new ride. get some nice warm gear to wear for the Canberra weather, the politicians can only generate so much hot air!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Welcome from a fellow Canberrian! Winter is coming o_O

9. Welcome from another fellow Canberran!

10. Welcome to NR from Adelaide. Get yourself some thermals because you will need them in Canberra.

11. Welcome Gin, nice ride, what colour you getting?

12. Brrrrrr GingerSliceGingerSlice ! Welcome and stay rugged up, especially Canberra.

You'll absolutely love riding in the summer though. Congrats on your new bike:)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Welcome GS! I too started on a CBR500R back in the day and also started in the beginning of winter. The first is always the worst. All downhill from there. I will recommend you get yourself a neck sock! Cheapest and best thing you can buy to keep you warm!

• Agree Agree x 1